Kerala Gets Time Till Sept 17 to Make Changes in Abkari Rules
Kerala High Court today observed that without making necessary amendments in the Excise rules, the new liqour policy of the government announced last week will not get the legal sanction and gave it time till Sept 17 to make the required changes.
A Division Bench comprising Justice Thothathil B Radhakrishnan and Justice P B Suresh Kumar made the observation while considering appeals filed by bar owners against a single judge's verdict refusing to intervene in the government's decision not to renew the licences of 418 bars.
Advocate General K P Dandapani, told the court that necessary amendments will be made in the Abkari (excise) rules to suit the new abkari policy of the government, under which it has decided to shut down 730 liquor bars, including 418 bars, attached to hotels below five star categories and make Sundays 'dry days'.
Pursuant to the court's direction, inspection has been conducted in 105 bar hotels which were closed earlier, the AG stated and also produced the new Abkari policy of the state.
The bench said the policy should find a place in the amendment.
As requested by the government, court granted time till September 17 to make the necessary amendments in the rules.
Meanwhile, another batch of petitions filed by bar hotels owners challenging the policy also came up before justice C T Ravikimar.
Government informed that the bars will be closed only after giving notice to bar owners. The case has been posted to September 18.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan