'Kerala Gandhi's' 125th Birth Anniversary Celebrated
The 125th birth anniversary of freedom fighter K. Kelappan, populary known as 'Kerala Gandhi' was celebrated here by 'Kerala Kshetra Samrakshna Samithi' (Kerala Temple Protection Council).
Speaking at a function held last night, Samithi Zonal Secretary V Mohanakrishnan said Kelappaji was the founder of the samithi.
Kelappan, born at Muchukunnu in Kozhikode on Aug 24, 1889, took active part in the freedom struggle and evinced special interest in Gandhian programmes like uplift of the untouchables, propagation of Khadi and Hindi.
As part of his relentless fight against untouchability' he played a leading role in the famous Vikom and Guruvayur Satyagrhas.
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED