'Kerala Gandhi's' 125th Birth Anniversary Celebrated
The 125th birth anniversary of freedom fighter K. Kelappan, populary known as 'Kerala Gandhi' was celebrated here by 'Kerala Kshetra Samrakshna Samithi' (Kerala Temple Protection Council).
Speaking at a function held last night, Samithi Zonal Secretary V Mohanakrishnan said Kelappaji was the founder of the samithi.
Kelappan, born at Muchukunnu in Kozhikode on Aug 24, 1889, took active part in the freedom struggle and evinced special interest in Gandhian programmes like uplift of the untouchables, propagation of Khadi and Hindi.
As part of his relentless fight against untouchability' he played a leading role in the famous Vikom and Guruvayur Satyagrhas.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED