Kerala: ABVP March to Secretariat Turns Violent
A secretariat march by a group of ABVP volunteers turned violent today leading to lathi charge and busting of teargas shells by police to disperse the agitators.
The march was part of their agitation demanding resignation of Education Minister P K Abdu Rabb in connection with alleged irregularities in the allotment of new plus two schools in the current academic year, police said.
Trouble occurred when volunteers tried to break police barricade and barge into the secretariat complex.
The agitators also pelted stones at a few Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses.
FROM OUTLOOKbritain: riotsCriminality? Elitism? Erosion of authority? Britain really shouldn’t have been shocked....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageSocial media made him a big star in Kashmir and inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESAt least 14 persons, including a photo journalist,more from WIRES>>>
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Dead, 17 Wounded at Florida Nightclub Shooting
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Separatists 'Stooges of Pakistan', No Talks Needed With Them: BJP
- Govt Trying to Pass GST Bill This Session: Meghwal
- British PM Rules Out Post-Brexit Irish Border Control
- Ahmednagar Rape Case: Women Try to Attack Two Accused in Court
- Women Can Join and Serve in Territorial Army: Centre to HC
- Panama Papers: SC Seeks Centre, RBI's Response in Four Weeks
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED