Kerala: ABVP March to Secretariat Turns Violent
A secretariat march by a group of ABVP volunteers turned violent today leading to lathi charge and busting of teargas shells by police to disperse the agitators.
The march was part of their agitation demanding resignation of Education Minister P K Abdu Rabb in connection with alleged irregularities in the allotment of new plus two schools in the current academic year, police said.
Trouble occurred when volunteers tried to break police barricade and barge into the secretariat complex.
The agitators also pelted stones at a few Kerala State Road Transport Corporation buses.
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10