KCR's Daughter Booked for Sedition Over Remarks on T'gana, J&K
Police have registered a case against TRS MP and daughter of Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao, K Kavitha, for her alleged comments on Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana.
The case was registered two days back under Sections 124-A (sedition) and 505 (statements conducing to public mischief) of IPC following directions from a local court, said a South Zone police official.
A local court had last week directed police to investigate and file a case against Kavitha, the Nizamabad MP, upon a complaint over alleged remarks attributed to her. The complaint was filed by K Karunasagar, an advocate and the convener of the BJP's city legal cell.
The complainant in the petition alleged that Kavitha, in an interview, had made observations that Jammu and Kashmir and Telangana were not part of India earlier.
The police official said legal opinion is being sought on the matter for further action.
FROM OUTLOOKandhra pradesh: the break-upTelangana is done. Andhra and Rosaiah’s troubles have just begun....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBHyderabadTurmoil rages in the University of Hyderabad againmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESCutting across party lines opposition leaders inclmore from WIRES>>>
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED