Karnataka CM Rules Out Cabinet Expansion 'For Now'
Facing pressure from a section of legislators aspiring for ministerial berths, Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah today ruled out cabinet expansion "for now", saying the exercise would be undertaken only when the party high command asks him to do so.
"There is no cabinet expansion for now as the subject has not come up for discussions as yet," he told reporters on sidelines of an event here.
If any expansion is happening, it will take place on the direction of the High Command, Siddaramaiah said when asked whether it would materialise before by-elections to three assembly seats in Karnataka on August 21.
He said that he had never talked about reshuffle of the cabinet, but will fill four ministerial berths if the Party High Command directs.
Siddaramaiah also said that the party would decide about candidates for Bellary Rural, Chikkodi-Sadalaga and Shikaripur Assembly seats.
Asked about the "Bangalore Bandh" call given by various organisations tomorrow to protest increasing sexual offences against women and children, he said it was not against the government, but against incidents of rape and sexual assaults.
Siddaramaiah ruled out a CBI inquiry into the alleged gang-rape of a six-year-old girl at Vibgyor High School, saying police are capable of investigating the case.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED