Kapil Sharma to Make 'Comedy Nights' Weekly
Stand-up comedian Kapil Sharma, who recently dropped out of Yash Raj Films' 'Bank Chor', is planning to make his popular TV show 'Comedy Nights With Kapil' a weekly in order to concentrate on his movie outings.
The bi-weekly show, features Bollywood celebrities promoting their films besides the funny antics of other members on the show.
"I had many film offers and I could not do them because I felt that this show is my priority. It has made me a household name in such a short span of time. But being an artiste I get maximum satisfaction when I do diverse work.
"If I keep the show bi-weekly, I will not be able to do films. I will try to do the show once-a-week so that I can manage my dates with film shoots," Kapil told reporters here.
Recently the show completed its 100th episode and Kapil said he never expected that the show will run for such a long time.
"It is a surreal feeling for me. My contract was for 24 episodes initially. When I was shooting these episodes then the channel people asked me to increase eight episodes more. When I got good rating in the first episode then they asked me to make it 50. After three back-to-back high ratings they asked me to make 100 episodes. Now they say make as much as you can," he said.
The comic show also marked the return of loved character Gutthi, played by Sunil Grover, after the actor left the show last year.
"When Sunil was not part of the show people used to ask me why he isn't there and now again people ask why he is back. Sunil is my favourite and it is good that he came back to the show. It will be fun now. All my characters on the show are brilliant be it dadi, palak or my biwi," he said.
Kapil, 33, was here to be a guest at the grand premiere of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati 8'. Hosted by megastar Amitabh Bachchan, this was the first time that the quiz show has travelled to Surat, Gujarat.
"It is the third time that I got a chance to work with Mr Bachchan... But everytime it feels like the first time. He has his own aura. I feel blessed to share the stage with him. I was hesitant initially but he gives complete space to the other person," he added.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman