Kalyan Singh Sworn In As Rajasthan Governor
Former Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Kalyan Singh was today sworn-in as the 20th Governor of Rajasthan.
Chief Justice of Rajasthan High Court Sunil Ambwani administered the oath of office to Singh at a ceremony held at Raj Bhawan here.
Before that, Chief Secretary Rajiv Mehirshi read out the warrant of appointment issued by the President.
Assembly Speaker Kailash Meghwal, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje and senior officers were present on the occasion.
Enthusiast party workers shouted slogans 'jai shree ram' and 'vande matram' when Singh was taking the oath. He was also given a guard of honour.
U P Governor Ram Naik was holding the additional charge of Rajasthan before the appointment of Kalyan Singh.
Naik was given the additional charge of Rajasthan after Margaret Alva completed her term on August 5.
Born on January 5, 1932 in Aligarh district of Uttar Pradesh, Kalyan Singh was UP Chief Minister two times in 1991 and 1997.
He also held post of Leader of the Opposition in Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly.
He was elected Member of Lok Sabha in 2004 and 2009.
Singh has interest in reading and games like kabaddi and tennis and he is widely travelled.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED