Jyoti Murder Case: Police Team Headed to MP to Search for Clues
A seven-member team of Kanpur police has gone to 28-year-old victim Jyoti Dasani's hometown of Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh to search for more evidence in the murder case in which her husband, Piyush Shyam Dasani, is one of the accused.
IG (Kanpur zone) Ashutosh Pandey today said that the team, which is being led by Govindnagar circle DSP OP Singh, has gone to Jabalpur to try and collect evidence from Jyoti's home there and record the statements of her family members.
Jyoti's body, bearing multiple stab wounds, was found inside Piyush's car on July 28 in the Panki area of Kanpur.
Piyush, the son of a biscuit baron, was arrested in the case after he confessed to getting Jyoti killed with the help of his driver and other accomplices as he was in a romantic relationship with another woman.
All six accused in the case, including Piyush, his woman friend and four accomplices, are in custody in the district jail.
IG Pandey, meanwhile, said that a search at the residence of Piyush's woman friend has yielded a mobile phone SIM card and her passport, both of which have been collected by police.
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Assam: Flood Situation Grim, Sonowal Visits Majuli Island
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Flood Toll in Assam Mounts to 21
- Malpractices in Vyapam: SC Bench Seeks Clarification in Order
- Facing Death Threat From Kejriwal, His Men, Sacked AAP Minister
- India-Bangladesh to Fight Terror Jointly
- Mayawati Ridicules UP Govt for Not Arresting Dayashankar
- PM Extends Support to Bangladesh in Fight Against Terrorism
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED