Jyoti Murder Case: Police Team Headed to MP to Search for Clues
A seven-member team of Kanpur police has gone to 28-year-old victim Jyoti Dasani's hometown of Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh to search for more evidence in the murder case in which her husband, Piyush Shyam Dasani, is one of the accused.
IG (Kanpur zone) Ashutosh Pandey today said that the team, which is being led by Govindnagar circle DSP OP Singh, has gone to Jabalpur to try and collect evidence from Jyoti's home there and record the statements of her family members.
Jyoti's body, bearing multiple stab wounds, was found inside Piyush's car on July 28 in the Panki area of Kanpur.
Piyush, the son of a biscuit baron, was arrested in the case after he confessed to getting Jyoti killed with the help of his driver and other accomplices as he was in a romantic relationship with another woman.
All six accused in the case, including Piyush, his woman friend and four accomplices, are in custody in the district jail.
IG Pandey, meanwhile, said that a search at the residence of Piyush's woman friend has yielded a mobile phone SIM card and her passport, both of which have been collected by police.
- Infiltration Bid Foiled in Kashmir, Four Militants Killed
- Kushner Proposed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Diplomat
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10