Jyoti Murder Case: Piyush Dasani Was Involved With Domestic Help
The woman friend of Piyush Shyam Dasani, the son of a UP biscuit baron and an accused in the murder of his 28-year-old wife Jyoti Dasani, today told police that he was also involved in a relationship with a domestic help.
The woman friend was questioned today during a six-hour police remand.
During her interrogation, she revealed that Piyush had told her he would marry her and thereafter a plot was hatched to murder Jyoti, IG (Kanpur zone) Ashutosh Pandey told reporters here.
Pandey said that the woman had told them that Piyush and herself were romantically involved for three years and kept up their relationship even after his marriage to Jyoti.
It was when her family members started looking for a suitor for her that the conspiracy was planned to murder Jyoti, the woman told police. She is also said to have added that Piyush shared romantic relations with a Nepalese-origin domestic help, the IG said.
The woman friend told police that the murder was planned to be carried out on a Sunday on either July 13, 20 or 27.
Jyoti's body, bearing multiple stab wounds, was found inside Piyush's car on July 28 in the Panki area of Kanpur after her husband told police that she was kidnapped by unidentified assailants the night before when they were returning home from a restaurant.
Piyush was arrested with police claiming he had confessed to getting Jyoti killed with the help of his driver as he was having relations with another woman.
Police yesterday recovered the weapon used in the murder following questioning of the other accused, including Piyush.
Police said that Piyush and the accused driver Awadesh and his accomplices had confessed to the crime during interrogation and led them to the spot where they had disposed of the knife used in the crime.
- Magnitude 6.1 Quake Rattles Rome, Central Italy
- One Dead, Dozens Wounded in Thai Deep South Car Bomb: Police
- N Korea Test Fires Sub-Launched Missile
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Washington State Declares Emergency Due to Wildfires
- Sensex Regains 28K Level, Up 118 Pts in Early Trade
- Deepika on Forbes' List of World's Highest Paid Actresses
- Rupee Down 9 Paise Against Dollar in Early Trade
- Delhi CM, Home Min to Attend Mother Teresa's Sainthood Ceremony in Vatican
- UP: Vehicle Carrying 'Beef' Set on Fire
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED