John Abraham Bats for Women's Safety
Bollywood actor John Abraham today said that mindset of men towards women in the society needs to change to create a safe environment for them.
The 41-year-old Madras Cafe star, who was in the capital to meet the acid attack survivors, said parents play a major role to bring the change.
"It's very important to respect a woman but we males tend to forget that. So, it is very important that parents should teach their sons to be courteous towards them. The way a father treats his wife, his son also follows the same. The education starts from home and they play an important role," John told reporters here.
The actor said that laws should also be strict against the attackers and political leaders should be careful when they say something on women safety.
"Laws should be strict and politicians should be careful with their words. They (politicians) are public figures and their statement makes a huge difference," said John, who is lending his support to Fever 104 FM initiative for acid attack survivors.
John, who also produced films like Vicky Donor and Madras Cafe, feels that movies are also a great influence.
"When we make films we denote it as 'women centric' or 'male centric'. These gender biases should go and we must be more responsible towards depiction of actresses in the films. We should make sensible films that should be accepted well by the society," the 'Jism' star said.
Though his films did not give any such message yet, the model-actor claimed that he once fought for the safety of women during his college days.
"I was in my college and was traveling by the local train. When I got down from the train, I saw a man shoulder a girl walking next to me and run away. I caught the boy and wanted to hand over to the police but the woman did not want to press charges. I was discouraged by her behaviour," he said.
But John is happy to see the change in the society as women are more active and know their rights.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman