JMM Leader Shot At in Odisha, Escapes Unhurt
Senior JMM leader Ramchandra Murmu escaped unhurt when unidentified miscreants opened fire at his vehicle near Kairakocha in Odisha's Mayurbhanj district, police said today.
Murmu was driving a jeep when four miscreants on two motorbikes fired four rounds yesterday. While Murmu escaped unhurt, another occupant in the vehicle received minor injury on his leg, Inspector-in-charge of Jharpokharia Police Station Minati Biswal said.
The front glass panes of the vehicle were damaged in firing, Biswal said.
The miscreants threatened Murmu asking him not to visit the area, which falls under Saraskana assembly constituency, again, before fleeing the spot, the IIC said quoting the FIR.
Murmu had unsuccessfully contested the last elections from the constituency in the district and came second, losing to BJD's Bhadav Hansda.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10