JMM Leader Shot At in Odisha, Escapes Unhurt
Senior JMM leader Ramchandra Murmu escaped unhurt when unidentified miscreants opened fire at his vehicle near Kairakocha in Odisha's Mayurbhanj district, police said today.
Murmu was driving a jeep when four miscreants on two motorbikes fired four rounds yesterday. While Murmu escaped unhurt, another occupant in the vehicle received minor injury on his leg, Inspector-in-charge of Jharpokharia Police Station Minati Biswal said.
The front glass panes of the vehicle were damaged in firing, Biswal said.
The miscreants threatened Murmu asking him not to visit the area, which falls under Saraskana assembly constituency, again, before fleeing the spot, the IIC said quoting the FIR.
Murmu had unsuccessfully contested the last elections from the constituency in the district and came second, losing to BJD's Bhadav Hansda.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events