JKWDC Provides Loans of Over Rs 13 Cr to Women Entrepreneurs
Jammu and Kashmir Women's Development Corporation (JKWDC) has provided loans to the tune of Rs 13.25 crore during the current financial year to women entrepreneurs generating self employment to over 2500 women in the state.
"Under Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), JKWDC has so far succeeded in providing loans of Rs 13.25 crore to women entrepreneurs there by empowering 863 women beneficiaries directly and generating self employment to more than 2580 women," an official spokesman said after the 20th Board of Directors meeting of the corporation here.
Similarly under revolving fund between 2011-12 and 2013-14, he said the corporation succeeded in establishing 216 units and generating employment for 627 women.
Regarding recovery process, he said NPA of corporation stands only to the extent of 0.05 of total loaning.
The spokesman said the meeting, which was chaired by Social Welfare minister Sakina Itoo, deliberated at length the steps required to be taken for making the corporation more efficient and at the same time provide more benefits to the under privileged sections of the society.
He said the meeting decided to release fourth instalment (20 per cent) of the sixth pay commission arrears in favour of the corporation employees.
The instalment of arrears would be provided by the corporation out of its own resources keeping in view the encouraging recovery process by it, the spokesman said.
Addressing the meeting, the minister emphasised on bringing more transparency and rationalisation in loan disbursement so that all deserving beneficiaries get their due share without any discrimination at any level.
She asked the officers to give focused attention on wide coverage of beneficiaries of rural and far-flung areas under the schemes of the corporation.
- Govt Plans to Further Liberalize Visa Regime to Boost Tourism: Swaraj
- Teesta Setalvad Liable for Mixing Religion With Politics: HRD Panel
- SP Appears on Brink of Split as CM Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Expels Ramgopal
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- BSF Jawan Gurnam Singh Injured in Pak Attack Succumbs to Injuries
- ADHM Row: Army Upset Over Being Dragged Into Film Politics, Rejects Forced Donation
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Kabaddi Player Rohit Kumar Sent to Judicial Custody in Wife's Suicide Case
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia
- Two Explosions Hit Japanese City in Suspected Suicide Bombing, One Killed
- My Removal From Govt an Attempt to Weaken SP Leadership: Shivpal
- Reports Say Queen Elizabeth Faces Massive Post-Brexit Losses
- Rajnath Singh Leaves for Three-Day Visit to Bahrain, to Raise Pak Issue
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BJP Wants To Make India a Hindu Rashtra, Owaisi Attacks PM for His 'Jai Shri Ram' Greeting
- Injected With Petrol Into Their Private Parts, UP Teenagers Still Await Surgery
- Scenes With Ranbir in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Not Frivolous Sensuality: Aishwarya
- Muslim Woman Refuses to Accept Triple Talaq Notice by Husband
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'