JKWDC Provides Loans of Over Rs 13 Cr to Women Entrepreneurs
Jammu and Kashmir Women's Development Corporation (JKWDC) has provided loans to the tune of Rs 13.25 crore during the current financial year to women entrepreneurs generating self employment to over 2500 women in the state.
"Under Sher-e-Kashmir Employment and Welfare Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), JKWDC has so far succeeded in providing loans of Rs 13.25 crore to women entrepreneurs there by empowering 863 women beneficiaries directly and generating self employment to more than 2580 women," an official spokesman said after the 20th Board of Directors meeting of the corporation here.
Similarly under revolving fund between 2011-12 and 2013-14, he said the corporation succeeded in establishing 216 units and generating employment for 627 women.
Regarding recovery process, he said NPA of corporation stands only to the extent of 0.05 of total loaning.
The spokesman said the meeting, which was chaired by Social Welfare minister Sakina Itoo, deliberated at length the steps required to be taken for making the corporation more efficient and at the same time provide more benefits to the under privileged sections of the society.
He said the meeting decided to release fourth instalment (20 per cent) of the sixth pay commission arrears in favour of the corporation employees.
The instalment of arrears would be provided by the corporation out of its own resources keeping in view the encouraging recovery process by it, the spokesman said.
Addressing the meeting, the minister emphasised on bringing more transparency and rationalisation in loan disbursement so that all deserving beneficiaries get their due share without any discrimination at any level.
She asked the officers to give focused attention on wide coverage of beneficiaries of rural and far-flung areas under the schemes of the corporation.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10