J&K Govt Eases Restrictions on Issuing of NOC for Ex-Militants
Jammu and Kashmir government has eased restrictions on issuing of no objection certificates for obtaining passport for persons who have given up militancy for more than 15 years.
"Keeping in view the overall improvement in the security scenario in the state, representations received from the general public and political representatives, the state government has decided to further liberalise the policy for issuance of verification for obtaining passports," an official spokesman said today.
The amended policy provides for issuance of clearance for obtaining passport for Haj or Umrah in respect of an applicant, who had crossed over to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) or Pakistan for obtaining arms training, but has returned and eschewed violence, the spokesman said.
"(The person) is silent, has exhibited a good conduct and completed 15 years or more in the state from the date of his return and on the date of application," he said.
"The amended policy further provides that clearance for issuance of passport will be granted in favour of applicant(s) whose relative(s) have crossed over to PoK or Pak, 15 years ago, are silent there and do not have any adverse report from the concerned agencies," he added.
However, there was no provision for issuing such clearance in respect of an applicant, whose militant relative is still in Pakistan or PoK.
Further, there was no explicit provision to deal with the cases of such youth who had returned home from Pakistan or PoK.
Under the directions of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the state government had in 2011 simplified the guidelines relating to the issuance of verification for obtaining passports.
These guidelines provide for issuance of verification for passport purposes to the relatives of militants who have died 10 years back or have surrendered 12 years ago.
FROM OUTLOOKPakistanThe madrassahs, flocked by students, are the training ground—for Islamic learning and militancy...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBFOR THE RECORDAll of us at Berkeley are devastated by the loss omore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESHTML clipboard With only "half-hearted" measuremore from WIRES>>>
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED