J&K Govt Eases Restrictions on Issuing of NOC for Ex-Militants
Jammu and Kashmir government has eased restrictions on issuing of no objection certificates for obtaining passport for persons who have given up militancy for more than 15 years.
"Keeping in view the overall improvement in the security scenario in the state, representations received from the general public and political representatives, the state government has decided to further liberalise the policy for issuance of verification for obtaining passports," an official spokesman said today.
The amended policy provides for issuance of clearance for obtaining passport for Haj or Umrah in respect of an applicant, who had crossed over to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) or Pakistan for obtaining arms training, but has returned and eschewed violence, the spokesman said.
"(The person) is silent, has exhibited a good conduct and completed 15 years or more in the state from the date of his return and on the date of application," he said.
"The amended policy further provides that clearance for issuance of passport will be granted in favour of applicant(s) whose relative(s) have crossed over to PoK or Pak, 15 years ago, are silent there and do not have any adverse report from the concerned agencies," he added.
However, there was no provision for issuing such clearance in respect of an applicant, whose militant relative is still in Pakistan or PoK.
Further, there was no explicit provision to deal with the cases of such youth who had returned home from Pakistan or PoK.
Under the directions of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, the state government had in 2011 simplified the guidelines relating to the issuance of verification for obtaining passports.
These guidelines provide for issuance of verification for passport purposes to the relatives of militants who have died 10 years back or have surrendered 12 years ago.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10