J&K Cop Arrested for Allegedly Molesting Teenager
A police officer has been arrested on charges of molesting a 13-year-old girl in Anantnag district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said today.
"Inspector Aijaz Ahmad has been arrested following a complaint about sexual assault on a minor girl in Kokernag area of Anantnag district yesterday," a police spokesman said.
The officer has been booked under Section 354 RPC (outraging modesty) and Section 341 RPC (illegal confinement).
Ahmad was arrested after local residents of Deesu village in Kokernag came to the rescue of the girl, who raised an alarm following his attempt to rape her last evening.
Locals staged protests this morning over the issue and demanded the officer be dismissed from service, police said.
The situation has been brought under control but continues to be tense, the police said.
According to the complaint, the victim's father – who was friends with the police officer – had invited the latter for a cup of tea to his home.
The victim's father went to the market to buy some groceries, asking his daughter to serve tea to the guest. The officer allegedly took advantage of the situation and tried to force himself on the girl, who raised an alarm.
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Mass Attack Bid Foiled in Bangladesh, Nine Militants Killed
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- AAP Protests Near Rajnath's House Over Women's Safety
- Dadri Lynching: Akhlaq's Family to Move Allahabad High Court
- Use of Pellet Guns Will Further Alienate People in J&K: Azad
- Court Dismisses AAP MLA Khan's Bail, Sends Him to Jail
- CCI Seeks Details of Spectrum Trading Deals From Operators
- India Abstains From Voting to Grant Consultative Status to CPJ
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED