J&K: Amit Shah Asks Partymen to Help in Rescue Operations
Expressing concern over the loss of lives and property in floods and landslides in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP President Amit Shah today asked party MPs, MLAs and workers in the state to help in the rescue and relief operations.
Shah also condoled the death of all those killed in the natural calamity and said all possible help will be extended to the affected. The BJP chief has asked the party cadres, including representatives of all local bodies, to extend a helping hand in the relief and rescue operations.
The toll in the flash floods and related incidents in Poonch and Reasi districts in Jammu region rose to 13 with reports of five more deaths, including that of an Army jawan.
Over 40 people went missing after a bus carrying a marriage party was washed away in flash floods in Gambhir river in Rajouri district while crossing the Laam-Darhal- Moushera Road, according to an Army officials.
Most rivers are flowing above danger mark in Jammu region and the state government has issued a red alert. District authorities in Rajouri have asked people not to venture near the swollen rivers.
As many as 128 people have been rescued in various areas by Army teams, taking the total number of those evacuated since yesterday to 236, a Defence spokesman said.
Over 100 houses and buildings have been damaged in Rajouri and Udhampur districts, official reports said. The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed along with several inter-districts road in Doda, Ramban, Rajouri and Poonch districts due to floods.
Authorities have ordered closure of all educational institutions today and tomorrow in Poonch and Rajouri districts.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10