J&K: Amit Shah Asks Partymen to Help in Rescue Operations
Expressing concern over the loss of lives and property in floods and landslides in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP President Amit Shah today asked party MPs, MLAs and workers in the state to help in the rescue and relief operations.
Shah also condoled the death of all those killed in the natural calamity and said all possible help will be extended to the affected. The BJP chief has asked the party cadres, including representatives of all local bodies, to extend a helping hand in the relief and rescue operations.
The toll in the flash floods and related incidents in Poonch and Reasi districts in Jammu region rose to 13 with reports of five more deaths, including that of an Army jawan.
Over 40 people went missing after a bus carrying a marriage party was washed away in flash floods in Gambhir river in Rajouri district while crossing the Laam-Darhal- Moushera Road, according to an Army officials.
Most rivers are flowing above danger mark in Jammu region and the state government has issued a red alert. District authorities in Rajouri have asked people not to venture near the swollen rivers.
As many as 128 people have been rescued in various areas by Army teams, taking the total number of those evacuated since yesterday to 236, a Defence spokesman said.
Over 100 houses and buildings have been damaged in Rajouri and Udhampur districts, official reports said. The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed along with several inter-districts road in Doda, Ramban, Rajouri and Poonch districts due to floods.
Authorities have ordered closure of all educational institutions today and tomorrow in Poonch and Rajouri districts.
- Muslim Women Beaten Up by Gau Rakshaks in MP, Uproar in RS
- Curfew Reimposed in Parts of Kashmir
- T. M. Krishna, Bezwada Wilson Win Magsaysay Award
- Narsingh Replaced by Rana, Scandal Reaches Police
- Modi's Silence on Dalit Assault Devaluation of PM's Post: Cong
- Clinton Becomes First Woman Prez Nominee, Says Glass Ceiling Cracked
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Security Intensified Along Mizoram-Bangladesh Border
- BJP MP Seeks Central Intervention in UP
- Salman Acquittal: Key Witness in Poaching Case Says He Wasn't Summoned Deliberately
- WB Seeks GI Tag Only on Bengal Rasogolla, no Conflict With Odisha
- Car Bomb in Northern Syria Kills One, Wounds 50: Syrian TV
- Turkey Orders 47 Newspaper Journalists, Executives Detained
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED