J&K: Amit Shah Asks Partymen to Help in Rescue Operations
Expressing concern over the loss of lives and property in floods and landslides in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP President Amit Shah today asked party MPs, MLAs and workers in the state to help in the rescue and relief operations.
Shah also condoled the death of all those killed in the natural calamity and said all possible help will be extended to the affected. The BJP chief has asked the party cadres, including representatives of all local bodies, to extend a helping hand in the relief and rescue operations.
The toll in the flash floods and related incidents in Poonch and Reasi districts in Jammu region rose to 13 with reports of five more deaths, including that of an Army jawan.
Over 40 people went missing after a bus carrying a marriage party was washed away in flash floods in Gambhir river in Rajouri district while crossing the Laam-Darhal- Moushera Road, according to an Army officials.
Most rivers are flowing above danger mark in Jammu region and the state government has issued a red alert. District authorities in Rajouri have asked people not to venture near the swollen rivers.
As many as 128 people have been rescued in various areas by Army teams, taking the total number of those evacuated since yesterday to 236, a Defence spokesman said.
Over 100 houses and buildings have been damaged in Rajouri and Udhampur districts, official reports said. The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed along with several inter-districts road in Doda, Ramban, Rajouri and Poonch districts due to floods.
Authorities have ordered closure of all educational institutions today and tomorrow in Poonch and Rajouri districts.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman