J&K: Amit Shah Asks Partymen to Help in Rescue Operations
Expressing concern over the loss of lives and property in floods and landslides in Jammu and Kashmir, BJP President Amit Shah today asked party MPs, MLAs and workers in the state to help in the rescue and relief operations.
Shah also condoled the death of all those killed in the natural calamity and said all possible help will be extended to the affected. The BJP chief has asked the party cadres, including representatives of all local bodies, to extend a helping hand in the relief and rescue operations.
The toll in the flash floods and related incidents in Poonch and Reasi districts in Jammu region rose to 13 with reports of five more deaths, including that of an Army jawan.
Over 40 people went missing after a bus carrying a marriage party was washed away in flash floods in Gambhir river in Rajouri district while crossing the Laam-Darhal- Moushera Road, according to an Army officials.
Most rivers are flowing above danger mark in Jammu region and the state government has issued a red alert. District authorities in Rajouri have asked people not to venture near the swollen rivers.
As many as 128 people have been rescued in various areas by Army teams, taking the total number of those evacuated since yesterday to 236, a Defence spokesman said.
Over 100 houses and buildings have been damaged in Rajouri and Udhampur districts, official reports said. The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway remained closed along with several inter-districts road in Doda, Ramban, Rajouri and Poonch districts due to floods.
Authorities have ordered closure of all educational institutions today and tomorrow in Poonch and Rajouri districts.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Goa's First Woman CM Shashikala Kakodkar Dies at 81
- Mirwaiz Taken Into Custody for Taking Out Protest March
- BSP Will Probe Akhilesh's 'Big' Economic Decisions: Mayawati
- Home Ministry Says Pakistan 'Spy' Was Gathering Intel For Terror Strike
- Separatists Against Education, Using Children as Cannon Fodder: Mehbooba
- Poop Falls From Sky On Residents Close To IGI, NGT Orders Inspection
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED