Jennifer Lawrence Enters Guinness As Most Successful Heroine
Actress Jennifer Lawrence has entered the Guinness Book of World Records after becoming cinema's most successful heroine following her role as Katniss Everdeen in the hugely popular 'Hunger Games' franchise.
Hunger Games and its sequel Catching Fire grossed over 900 million pounds worldwide to earn the record.
Lawrence can only extend this feat with two more of the franchise's films yet to be released. Mockingjay – Part 1 is set to be unveiled this coming November, with Mockingjay – Part 2 slated for a November 2015 release, reported BBC online.
The 24-year-old actress's lead film debut came in the 2010 drama Winter's Bone. She has since starred in many successful films including X-Men: First Class, its sequel X-Men: Days of Future Past and American Hustle. She won Best Actress at the 2013 Academy Awards for her performance in David O Russell's Silver Linings Playbook.
Lawrence isn't the only one being inducted into the Guinness World Records. 'X Factor' alumni One Direction have also found a place after becoming the first British boyband to reach the top of the US charts with three consecutive albums, while singer Miley Cyrus holds the record for most searched-for popstar on the internet.
- Seven Pak Rangers Killed, One Terrorist Shot Down in Retaliatory Firing at IB in Kathua: BSF
- IS Jihadists Attack Iraq's Kirkuk in Mosul Diversion, 16 Dead
- SC Tightens Noose Around BCCI, Chokes Funds to State Units
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- No Need for Comments After Varun's Clarification: BJP
- USA: Twitter, Spotify Disrupted as Internet Provider Reports Attack
- Sheena Bora Case: CBI Files Second Supplementary Charge Sheet
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'