JD(U) Blames Poor Management for Poor Show
Apparently embarrassed with the thin attendance at the maiden joint meeting of RJD chief Lalu Prasad and JD(U) senior leader Nitish Kumar after over two decades of political rivalry, the ruling party in Bihar today said it could have been due to poor management and lack of publicity.
"We concede that the attendance at the RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav and the former chief minister Nitish Kumar's maiden joint election meeting near Hajipur yesterday has left much to be desired," the JD(U) state unit president Bashistha Narayan Singh said in reply to a question.
Preparations for the meeting were 'inadequate' as it was held on a short notice, he conceded.
The leaders and workers of the two parties also did not publicise about coming together of their big leaders and as a result the event did not draw big attendance as it should have, Singh said.
Prasad and Kumar had shared the dais at Jamalpur village near Hajipur yesterday to kickstart the campaign for bypolls on ten assembly seats to be held on August 21 next.
The JD(U), RJD and Congress have formed a grand alliance to take on BJP in the assembly bypolls, which is being seen as a semi-final for the next year's assembly polls in Bihar.
Singh said both parties have taken note of the reasons for the thin attendance and will take corrective measures to draw sizeable crowd for other scheduled meetings in future.
Meanwhile, JD(U) paraded senior BJP leaders Shailendra Ojha and Rajeshwar Singh from Shahabad region and their supporters before the media.
The two leaders promised to work to fulfill Nitish Kumar's vision and ensure the victory of JD(U) candidate Chandra Shekhar Paswan from Mohania assembly seat in the coming by-poll.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Sukhoi Fighter Jet Goes Missing Near Tezpur in Assam
- Ex-Congress MP Naveen Jindal Summoned As Accused In Coal-Scam Case
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10