Jaya Announces Rs 30 Lakh Cash Award for CWG TT Winners
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced a cash award of Rs 30 lakh each to the duo of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Anthony Amalraj from Tamil Nadu for winning silver medal in the men's doubles table tennis event of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
"You have done both the nation and state of Tamil Nadu proud by winning a Silver Medal in the Men’s doubles event of Table Tennis at the ongoing Commonwealth Games," she said in identical congratulatory letters to the duo, copies of which were released to the media here.
"Accept my heartiest congratulations on behalf of the people of Tamil Nadu for your splendid achievement," she added.
While this was the second medal Amalraj (bronze in 2010 games at commonwealth) has won, it was the sixth ovwerall medal Kamal has won at the games.
"As you are aware, I had announced the enhancement of financial reward for sportspersons winning a Commonwealth Silver Medal to Rs.30 lakhs in December 2011. You will now be eligible to receive this cash incentive," she told the winners.
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- Compassion Offers Solution to Many Present-Day Concerns: Bhagwat
- Wildlife Activists Burn Salman Khan's Effigy, Write to Prez
- Railways Disaster Management Plans Not Comprehensive: CAG
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED