Jaya Announces Rs 30 Lakh Cash Award for CWG TT Winners
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa today announced a cash award of Rs 30 lakh each to the duo of Achanta Sharath Kamal and Anthony Amalraj from Tamil Nadu for winning silver medal in the men's doubles table tennis event of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
"You have done both the nation and state of Tamil Nadu proud by winning a Silver Medal in the Men’s doubles event of Table Tennis at the ongoing Commonwealth Games," she said in identical congratulatory letters to the duo, copies of which were released to the media here.
"Accept my heartiest congratulations on behalf of the people of Tamil Nadu for your splendid achievement," she added.
While this was the second medal Amalraj (bronze in 2010 games at commonwealth) has won, it was the sixth ovwerall medal Kamal has won at the games.
"As you are aware, I had announced the enhancement of financial reward for sportspersons winning a Commonwealth Silver Medal to Rs.30 lakhs in December 2011. You will now be eligible to receive this cash incentive," she told the winners.
- Major Who Tied Civilian To Army Jeep, Awarded
- Indian Cabbie Abused And Assaulted In Australia
- Rawal Wants Arundhati Roy Tied To Army Jeep Instead Of Stone-Pelters
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10