Javed Akhtar, Sonu Nigam Launch Video for Child Healthcare
A music video for child health awareness, featuring actors Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan, was launched here today.
The close to five-minute video, titled 'Phool Khil Jayenge', is written by noted lyricist Javed Akhtar and sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik.
It was launched by Akhtar, his wife Shabana Azmi, Nigam and musician Lalit Pandit at an event also attended by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
"It's an honour to be a part of an initiative to raise awareness about the importance of immunisation. We wanted to convey this message through simple and effective lyrics and we hope we have been able to achieve that," said Akhtar, who is also a Rajya Sabha MP.
"It is my sincere hope that we don't lose young lives to diseases which are preventable," he said.
His actress and social activist wife Azmi emphasised on the importance of religious leaders in mobilising people for child immunisation.
"I feel that religious leaders and organisations play an important role. I have seen during polio campaign when the religious leaders came forward, people listened. Immunisation is a do-able thing so if we can our country polio free, we can definitely get our children free from all preventable diseases," she said.
Nigam, thanking his parents for getting him vaccinated, said it is everyone's responsibility to get their child the right vaccines for their healthier future.
"People should make sure that they get their children vaccinated because it is an achievable thing and we as artistes should be role models and spread message if child's right to good health," the singer said.
Music director Pandit found the idea of combining tunes with a social message wonderful.
- SC Allows Marine Latorre to Stay Back in Italy
- Don't Behave Like Lords, 'Fall in Line': SC Tells BCCI
- Day After Stoning of Saamna Office in Maharashtra, Cartoonist Expresses Regret
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres Dies at 93
- Pak Approaches World Bank Amid Reports of India Revoking Indus Water Treaty
- Most SAARC Members Join India, Pull Out of Summit in Pakistan
- Roasted For Being Dark, Parched Actor Tannishtha Chatterjee Gets Apology
- Karachi's Stand-Up Comedian Has His Reasons Why India And Pakistan Should Not Go To War
- Prabhu Deva Does A Gandi Baat Jig With Father
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- MH17 Probe 'Biased', Moscow 'Disappointed': Foreign Ministry
- NIA Gets Custody of PoK Duo Who Facilitated Uri Attack
- Sahara Group Has Taken Us for a Ride: SC
- Pakistani Singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's Concert in Bengaluru Cancelled
- Idols of Durga Vandalised in Bangladesh
- Kashmiri Student Booked For Sedition Over 'Anti-National' Post
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED