Javed Akhtar, Sonu Nigam Launch Video for Child Healthcare
A music video for child health awareness, featuring actors Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan, was launched here today.
The close to five-minute video, titled 'Phool Khil Jayenge', is written by noted lyricist Javed Akhtar and sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik.
It was launched by Akhtar, his wife Shabana Azmi, Nigam and musician Lalit Pandit at an event also attended by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
"It's an honour to be a part of an initiative to raise awareness about the importance of immunisation. We wanted to convey this message through simple and effective lyrics and we hope we have been able to achieve that," said Akhtar, who is also a Rajya Sabha MP.
"It is my sincere hope that we don't lose young lives to diseases which are preventable," he said.
His actress and social activist wife Azmi emphasised on the importance of religious leaders in mobilising people for child immunisation.
"I feel that religious leaders and organisations play an important role. I have seen during polio campaign when the religious leaders came forward, people listened. Immunisation is a do-able thing so if we can our country polio free, we can definitely get our children free from all preventable diseases," she said.
Nigam, thanking his parents for getting him vaccinated, said it is everyone's responsibility to get their child the right vaccines for their healthier future.
"People should make sure that they get their children vaccinated because it is an achievable thing and we as artistes should be role models and spread message if child's right to good health," the singer said.
Music director Pandit found the idea of combining tunes with a social message wonderful.
- Indian Origin Punjabi Bus Driver Burnt to Death in Australia
- SC Dismisses Petition, Says Armed Forces Answerable To Government
- Fifteen Pakistan Rangers Killed In BSF's Retaliatory Fire In The Past Week
- Judges Selection: SC Slams Centre for Bringing Courts to a Grinding Halt
- US Charges 61 People in Multi-Million Dollar Indian Call Center Scam
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Along LoC in Jammu, Rajouri, Kathua, Girl Injured
- Daily Curator: While India Plays Spy-Spy With Pakistan, China Issues Gentle Reminder
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- India Third in Terror Deaths After ISIS-Boko Haram Areas: SC Told
- War No Option, Pak Should Take Initiative for Peace: Mehbooba
- Pak Army Says No Soldiers Killed in Firing at Border
- DND Flyway onnecting Noida to Delhi to Remain Toll Free: SC
- Swamy Asks PM to Form Multi-Agency SIT to Probe Tatas
- Northern Ireland Rejects Brexit Court Challenge
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED