Javed Akhtar, Sonu Nigam Launch Video for Child Healthcare
A music video for child health awareness, featuring actors Farhan Akhtar and Vidya Balan, was launched here today.
The close to five-minute video, titled 'Phool Khil Jayenge', is written by noted lyricist Javed Akhtar and sung by Sonu Nigam and Alka Yagnik.
It was launched by Akhtar, his wife Shabana Azmi, Nigam and musician Lalit Pandit at an event also attended by Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan.
"It's an honour to be a part of an initiative to raise awareness about the importance of immunisation. We wanted to convey this message through simple and effective lyrics and we hope we have been able to achieve that," said Akhtar, who is also a Rajya Sabha MP.
"It is my sincere hope that we don't lose young lives to diseases which are preventable," he said.
His actress and social activist wife Azmi emphasised on the importance of religious leaders in mobilising people for child immunisation.
"I feel that religious leaders and organisations play an important role. I have seen during polio campaign when the religious leaders came forward, people listened. Immunisation is a do-able thing so if we can our country polio free, we can definitely get our children free from all preventable diseases," she said.
Nigam, thanking his parents for getting him vaccinated, said it is everyone's responsibility to get their child the right vaccines for their healthier future.
"People should make sure that they get their children vaccinated because it is an achievable thing and we as artistes should be role models and spread message if child's right to good health," the singer said.
Music director Pandit found the idea of combining tunes with a social message wonderful.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman