Jaswant Singh Suffers Head Injury, in Critical Condition
Former BJP leader Jaswant Singh is in a "very critical" condition and in coma at Army Research and Referral hospital where he was admitted early today after a fall at his residence that left him with a head injury.
"At present the condition is very critical. He is on life support systems and under constant monitoring by a team of neurosurgeons and critical care providers," a Defence Ministry release said, adding that a lifesaving 'decompressive hemicraniectomy' has been done.
The 76-year-old former Defence Minister was admitted to the hospital in a highly critical condition around 0100 hours today with injury to his head after his family members brought him to the hospital after finding him lying on the floor of the house in an unconscious state, the Ministry said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has spoken to his family and prayed for Singh's speedy recovery.
"Examination at the hospital showed him to be in coma, with signs of 'raised intracranial tension and a haematoma scalp'. Urgent CT scan of the head showed 'an acute subdural haematoma with mass effect, a midline shift and contusion of the brain substance'. A lifesaving 'decompressive hemicraniectomy' was done," the Ministry said.
Singh, who had also served as External Affairs and Finance Minister, was expelled from BJP early this year after he decided to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan as an Independent when the party decided to field Col Sonaram Chaudhary. He had lost the election.
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- 'Pained' by Una Episode, Many Dalits Plan to Embrace Buddhism
- British PM May Calls Sharif to Discuss Ties
- Child Labour Bill a Missed Opportunity for Children: Satyarthi
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED