Jaswant Singh Suffers Head Injury, in Critical Condition
Former BJP leader Jaswant Singh is in a "very critical" condition and in coma at Army Research and Referral hospital where he was admitted early today after a fall at his residence that left him with a head injury.
"At present the condition is very critical. He is on life support systems and under constant monitoring by a team of neurosurgeons and critical care providers," a Defence Ministry release said, adding that a lifesaving 'decompressive hemicraniectomy' has been done.
The 76-year-old former Defence Minister was admitted to the hospital in a highly critical condition around 0100 hours today with injury to his head after his family members brought him to the hospital after finding him lying on the floor of the house in an unconscious state, the Ministry said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has spoken to his family and prayed for Singh's speedy recovery.
"Examination at the hospital showed him to be in coma, with signs of 'raised intracranial tension and a haematoma scalp'. Urgent CT scan of the head showed 'an acute subdural haematoma with mass effect, a midline shift and contusion of the brain substance'. A lifesaving 'decompressive hemicraniectomy' was done," the Ministry said.
Singh, who had also served as External Affairs and Finance Minister, was expelled from BJP early this year after he decided to contest the Lok Sabha polls from Barmer in Rajasthan as an Independent when the party decided to field Col Sonaram Chaudhary. He had lost the election.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- DU Professor Injured in Violence Hospitalised
- Fire Breaks Out At The Times Of India Building In New Delhi
- Kerala CM Retracts His Remark Denying Conspiracy in Assault on Actress
- Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Amidst Tiff With Media
- Pakistan Rangers Kill 4, Detain Over 600 Terror Suspects In 200 Search Operations
- Maharashtra: Nearly 350 Students In Custody,18 Others Arrested After Army Recruitment Board Papers Leaked
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan