Jammu-Srinagar Highway Closed Due to Landslides
The 300-km-long Jammu-Srinagar National Highway was closed for vehicular traffic for second consecutive day today due to landslides at various places in Jammu region of the state.
The highway is closed for second day today, police said, adding, traffic on the highway was suspended due to landslides, washing of road patches, and flooding at various places yesterday.
Due to closure of the road, 1200 vehicles, including passenger vehicles, were stranded on the highway, they said.
Men and machines of Border Roads Organisation (BRO) were working to clear the highway, police said.
There are also over a dozen inter-district roads closed due to landslides, washing of roads, breaches and sinking of roads and flooding in Doda, Kishtwar, Ramban, Samba, Jammu, Udhampur, Reasi, Rajouri, Poonch, and Kathua districts of Jammu region, they added.
Police has also asked the people to avoid travelling for the next couple of days on roads in various flood-hit areas.
Heavy to moderate rains have been witnessed in the state since intervening night of September 2 and 3 resulting loss of life and properties and closure of almost all the roads.
Rainfall continued throughout the night till today morning in Jammu and in mountainous districts, making the rescue operation difficult, police said.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- Yeddyurappa Will Be BJP's CM Face In Karnataka: Shah
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10