Jaipur: Two Killed, Four Injured in Firing Incident
Two youths were killed and four others injured when a group of unidentified persons opened fire at them in Hanumangarh district today, police said.
The culprits came in a car, bearing a registration number of Haryana state and opened fire at a group of youths which was present near a bus stand in Sangaria town in the state.
The injured were rushed to the local hospital, where two of them, Sandeep and Amandeep, both aged around 25 years, succumbed to the bullet injuries, Additional SP, DD Singh said.
"Both the deceased were from Haryana but the reasons behind the firing are not clear. Efforts are on to identify and locate the culprits," police said.
Conditions of four others were said to be stable, they said.
The firing incident took place after a verbal spat
between two groups of students who had come to the government college for filing nominations for the elections of students' union, police said.
During filing of nomination papers, some students had heated arguments.
After some time, members of one group were standing near the bus stand when the rival group opened fire leaving two dead, police said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan