Jaipur: Two Killed, Four Injured in Firing Incident
Two youths were killed and four others injured when a group of unidentified persons opened fire at them in Hanumangarh district today, police said.
The culprits came in a car, bearing a registration number of Haryana state and opened fire at a group of youths which was present near a bus stand in Sangaria town in the state.
The injured were rushed to the local hospital, where two of them, Sandeep and Amandeep, both aged around 25 years, succumbed to the bullet injuries, Additional SP, DD Singh said.
"Both the deceased were from Haryana but the reasons behind the firing are not clear. Efforts are on to identify and locate the culprits," police said.
Conditions of four others were said to be stable, they said.
The firing incident took place after a verbal spat
between two groups of students who had come to the government college for filing nominations for the elections of students' union, police said.
During filing of nomination papers, some students had heated arguments.
After some time, members of one group were standing near the bus stand when the rival group opened fire leaving two dead, police said, adding, that the matter was being probed.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10