Jagan Not to Be Part of Naidu's 'Pompous' Swearing In
Flaying the "pomp and show" associated with the "coronation" of N Chandrababu Naidu, YSRC Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy today said he does not want to be part of the "extravagant" swearing-in ceremony when Andhra Pradesh is in deep crisis.
"On one hand Naidu has been seeking donations from the people to build the capital city and on the other an estimated Rs 30 crores is being lavishly spent on the swearing-in ceremony which at this point of time is not wise and I leave it to their wisdom but I personally will not ratify such a wasteful expenditure," he told reporters here after the review meeting of five north coastal Andhra districts.
A section of media, Reddy alleged, has been trying to project that Naidu has limited resources and empty coffers suggesting that loan waiver may be difficult but people have given YSRCP mandate to question TDP governance and the steps being taken to fulfil waiver of agriculture loans.
On the review meetings, he said this is an exercise carried out to analyse in detail the shortcomings in some of the constituencies the party lost which would enable it to take corrective measures in the coming days.
"It is not that we were in power and lost now and are searching for reasons. We started off with one MP and one MLA, went up to two MPs and 20 MLAs and we now have eight MPs and 67 MLAs in Seemandhra and nine MPs and 70 MLAs as a whole," Reddy said.
"Our graph has been on the rise. What we have reviewed is if there is any lacuna in organisational matters so that corrective measures will be taken in the days to come. We have taken the feedback from the cadre which will be the basis for strengthening the party structure," he said.
The swearing-in ceremony, scheduled tomorrow around 7.30 PM at Nagarjuna Nagar located between Vijayawada and Guntur, is expected to be attended by lakhs of people and VIPs besides three Union Ministers -- Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu and Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Khalsa College Postpones Drama Event Till ABVP Drama Pacifies
- India Likely to Be Less Affected by Global Economic Shocks: IMF
- Ticket Collector Bites Off Senior Officer's Nose In A Fit Of Rage
- 60-Year-Old Poet Thrashed For Stopping DTC Bus Conductor From Urinating On Road
- 130 Bodies Of Fighters Beheaded By Rival Jihadists Found in Syria Mass Graves
- BMC Mayor Will Be From Our Party, BJP Used Deceitful Means to Destabilise Our Rule: Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman