Jagan Not to Be Part of Naidu's 'Pompous' Swearing In
Flaying the "pomp and show" associated with the "coronation" of N Chandrababu Naidu, YSRC Chief Jagan Mohan Reddy today said he does not want to be part of the "extravagant" swearing-in ceremony when Andhra Pradesh is in deep crisis.
"On one hand Naidu has been seeking donations from the people to build the capital city and on the other an estimated Rs 30 crores is being lavishly spent on the swearing-in ceremony which at this point of time is not wise and I leave it to their wisdom but I personally will not ratify such a wasteful expenditure," he told reporters here after the review meeting of five north coastal Andhra districts.
A section of media, Reddy alleged, has been trying to project that Naidu has limited resources and empty coffers suggesting that loan waiver may be difficult but people have given YSRCP mandate to question TDP governance and the steps being taken to fulfil waiver of agriculture loans.
On the review meetings, he said this is an exercise carried out to analyse in detail the shortcomings in some of the constituencies the party lost which would enable it to take corrective measures in the coming days.
"It is not that we were in power and lost now and are searching for reasons. We started off with one MP and one MLA, went up to two MPs and 20 MLAs and we now have eight MPs and 67 MLAs in Seemandhra and nine MPs and 70 MLAs as a whole," Reddy said.
"Our graph has been on the rise. What we have reviewed is if there is any lacuna in organisational matters so that corrective measures will be taken in the days to come. We have taken the feedback from the cadre which will be the basis for strengthening the party structure," he said.
The swearing-in ceremony, scheduled tomorrow around 7.30 PM at Nagarjuna Nagar located between Vijayawada and Guntur, is expected to be attended by lakhs of people and VIPs besides three Union Ministers -- Rajnath Singh, Venkaiah Naidu and Nirmala Sitharaman.
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED