Jackie Chan's Son Held in China for Possession of Drugs
]Kungfu superstar Jackie Chan's 32-year-old son has been arrested along with his Taiwanese friend here on drug-related charges, official Chinese media reported today.
Jaycee Chan, a movie and television actor also known as Fang Zuming, was detained by Beijing police together with his friend, 23-year-old Taiwanese movie star Kai Ko Chen-tung, the Beijing News and Beijing Times newspapers reported.
It's unclear when the duo was detained, but neither has posted anything on their frequently updated Weibo social media accounts since last Tuesday, Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post reported.
Chan and Ko join a growing list of celebrities, including Hong Kong and Taiwanese actors, who have been nabbed in Beijing's widening campaign targeting celebrity drug abuse in the last two years.
The duo could face potential criminal charges, the Beijing News said.
A Hong Kong resident, Jackie China in recent years has struck chord with the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC).
He has formally been appointed as the member of China's advisory legislative body, the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC) last year.
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- Abesh Dasgupta Death Case: Police Rule Out Murder Theory
- Govt Admits 'a Lot Remains to be Done' for Entrepreneurship
- Dubai-KozhikodeFlight Lands in Mumbai After Ruckus by Passenger
- 'Arhar Modi, Arhar Modi': Rahul's Dig at Modi
- GST Bill Pending in RS Requires Amendment: Chidambaram
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED