Israeli Air Raid in Gaza Kills Two Palestinians: Medics
An Israeli air raid in Gaza left two Palestinians dead overnight, taking the number of killed Palestinians in the seven-week conflict to 2,122, Palestinian sources said.
A spokeswoman for the Israeli army said warplanes had carried out 16 raids. No rockets have been fired at Israeli territory from the Gaza Strip since early this morning.
Two mosques at Beit Hanun, in the north of the Strip, and in Gaza City were destroyed in the raids, witnesses said.
Israel's offensive began with the stated aim of stamping out rocket attacks from Gaza and was later expanded to include the destruction of Hamas tunnels used for cross-border attacks inside Israel.
"Operation Protective Edge will continue until its aims are achieved... It may take time," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said yesterday of the offensive launched on July 8.
- Suicide Bomber Responsible For Manchester Blast
- Police Confirm Probe Still On Against Major Who Used Civilian As Human-Shield
- Manchester Attack: 'Broken.. I'm Sorry', Says Pop Singer Ariana Whose Concert Was Hit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10