Israeli Air Raid in Gaza Kills Two Palestinians: Medics
An Israeli air raid in Gaza left two Palestinians dead overnight, taking the number of killed Palestinians in the seven-week conflict to 2,122, Palestinian sources said.
A spokeswoman for the Israeli army said warplanes had carried out 16 raids. No rockets have been fired at Israeli territory from the Gaza Strip since early this morning.
Two mosques at Beit Hanun, in the north of the Strip, and in Gaza City were destroyed in the raids, witnesses said.
Israel's offensive began with the stated aim of stamping out rocket attacks from Gaza and was later expanded to include the destruction of Hamas tunnels used for cross-border attacks inside Israel.
"Operation Protective Edge will continue until its aims are achieved... It may take time," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said yesterday of the offensive launched on July 8.
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED