Israeli Air Raid in Gaza Kills Two Palestinians: Medics
An Israeli air raid in Gaza left two Palestinians dead overnight, taking the number of killed Palestinians in the seven-week conflict to 2,122, Palestinian sources said.
A spokeswoman for the Israeli army said warplanes had carried out 16 raids. No rockets have been fired at Israeli territory from the Gaza Strip since early this morning.
Two mosques at Beit Hanun, in the north of the Strip, and in Gaza City were destroyed in the raids, witnesses said.
Israel's offensive began with the stated aim of stamping out rocket attacks from Gaza and was later expanded to include the destruction of Hamas tunnels used for cross-border attacks inside Israel.
"Operation Protective Edge will continue until its aims are achieved... It may take time," Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said yesterday of the offensive launched on July 8.
- Nationalism is the Identity of BJP: Narendra Modi
- IITs to Admit Non-Resident Students
- Pakistan-Not-Hell Remark Lands Kannada Actor in Sedition Net?
- Gujarat: 50 Cong MLAs Suspended From Assembly, Ruckus Over Una Incident
- Toxic Gas Leak at B'desh Fertiliser Unit Sickens 250, Plugged
- Opposition MLAs Marshaled Out, Pandemonium in UP Assembly
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Fire Triggers Building Collapse, 250 Bikes Gutted
- Upset Over SC Curb on Dahi Handi, Record-Holding Mandal to Return Award
- Surat: Two Dead, One Suffers Partial Sight Loss After Consuming Hooch
- BJP Interfering in Federal Structure, TMC Complains to President
- Cow is Mother of Not Only Hindus But Also of Muslims: Swaroopanand
- South Africa, New Zealand Test Drawn After Match Abandoned
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED