Israel, Hamas Agree on Fresh Five-Day Truce in Gaza: Egypt
An agreement between Israel and Hamas had decided to extend the temporary truce in Gaza for five more days, Egypt has said.
The announcement came here yesterday, moments before the existing cease-fire was to expire. Egyptian capital is the hosting these talks.
It was been accepted by both the parties to allow more time for indirect negotiations to paper over differences.
The negotiations aim at reaching a complete peace agreement, according to a statement issued by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry.
The Israeli delegation left for Tel Aviv late yesterday and the joint Palestinian delegation will leave today.
Last week, the Palestinian delegation had demanded a permanent ceasefire, including an immediate Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, halting of air-strikes, lifting the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip and release of Palestinian prisoners.
Israel's offensive in Gaza, which began on 8 July, has led to the death of 1,939 Palestinians and left thousands injured.
A total of 67 soldiers were killed including three civilians on the Israeli side.
- Infiltration Bid Foiled in Kashmir, Four Militants Killed
- Kushner Proposed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Diplomat
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10