Israel, Hamas Agree on Fresh Five-Day Truce in Gaza: Egypt
An agreement between Israel and Hamas had decided to extend the temporary truce in Gaza for five more days, Egypt has said.
The announcement came here yesterday, moments before the existing cease-fire was to expire. Egyptian capital is the hosting these talks.
It was been accepted by both the parties to allow more time for indirect negotiations to paper over differences.
The negotiations aim at reaching a complete peace agreement, according to a statement issued by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry.
The Israeli delegation left for Tel Aviv late yesterday and the joint Palestinian delegation will leave today.
Last week, the Palestinian delegation had demanded a permanent ceasefire, including an immediate Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, halting of air-strikes, lifting the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip and release of Palestinian prisoners.
Israel's offensive in Gaza, which began on 8 July, has led to the death of 1,939 Palestinians and left thousands injured.
A total of 67 soldiers were killed including three civilians on the Israeli side.
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED