Israel, Hamas Agree on Fresh Five-Day Truce in Gaza: Egypt
An agreement between Israel and Hamas had decided to extend the temporary truce in Gaza for five more days, Egypt has said.
The announcement came here yesterday, moments before the existing cease-fire was to expire. Egyptian capital is the hosting these talks.
It was been accepted by both the parties to allow more time for indirect negotiations to paper over differences.
The negotiations aim at reaching a complete peace agreement, according to a statement issued by the Egyptian Foreign Ministry.
The Israeli delegation left for Tel Aviv late yesterday and the joint Palestinian delegation will leave today.
Last week, the Palestinian delegation had demanded a permanent ceasefire, including an immediate Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, halting of air-strikes, lifting the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip and release of Palestinian prisoners.
Israel's offensive in Gaza, which began on 8 July, has led to the death of 1,939 Palestinians and left thousands injured.
A total of 67 soldiers were killed including three civilians on the Israeli side.
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED