Israel Conducting 'New Form of Fascism'': Fidel Castro
Former Cuban leader Fidel Castro compared Israel's offensive in Gaza today to a "disgusting form of fascism" that its ally, the United States, is unable to control.
"I think that a new and disgusting form of fascism is emerging with considerable force at this moment in human history," Castro wrote in a column in the newspaper Granma titled "Palestinian Holocaust in Gaza."
Castro's article appeared as a 72-hour truce took hold in the Gaza Strip, with Israel withdrawing troops after a month of fighting with the militant group Hamas that killed at least 1,867 Palestinians and 67 people in Israel.
"Why does the government of this country (Israel) think that the world will be impervious to this macabre genocide that is being committed today against the Palestinian people?" he asked.
"Maybe it hopes that the complicity of the North American (US) empire will be ignored in this shameless massacre?" the 87-year-old former president said.
"There are facts that reflect the near total inability of the United States to face the current world problems," said Castro, who handed over power to his brother Raul in 2006 for health reasons.
Communist Cuba broke diplomatic relations with Israel in 1973 after the Yom Kippur War.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10