IRB Infra Wins Bid for Toll Collection at Mumbai-Pune E-way
IRB Infrastructure Developers has won the bid to develop toll collection booths at the Mumbai- Pune Expressway.
According to sources, six bidders including IRB Infrastructure, were in the fray for the assignment where it has emerged as the winner. The other five companies were Ashoka Buildcom, ILFS, Essel Infra, Patel Infra and Reliance Infrastructure.
The existing concessionaire for the country's first expressway is IRB Infrastructure.
Sources said the rate of return for IRB Infra is likely to be be less than 2 per cent.
Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) had invited financial bids from the six qualified companies and the last date for bid submissions was yesterday.
At present, IRB Infra is in charge of operation, maintenance and toll collection on the Expressway, which has five toll stations -- Shedung, Khalapur, Kusgaon, Talegaon and Khalapur Connector.
The company had purchased toll collection rights with an upfront payment of Rs 918 crore in 2004 and has a 15-year concession period valid till August 8, 2019.
It also collects toll at four points on the old Mumbai- Pune highway at Sheelphata, Dehu Road, Shedung and Kusgaon.
As per the sources, the winning concession period for the current contract is 8 years and 10 months.
MSRDC also received sanction from the National Highways Authority of India for road-widening on certain stretches at Nigdi, Dehu and Panvel of the expressway.
- Sidhu Likely to Join AAP in August
- NADA Concludes Hearing, Decision on Narsingh's Fate Deferred
- FM Hits Back at Rahul, Says NDA Has Brought Down Inflation
- Eminent Writer Mahasweta Devi Dies at 90
- Rajnath to Raise Pak-Sponsored Terror, No Bilateral With Pak Counterpart
- Obama Passes Baton to Clinton, Says No One More Qualified
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Modi Follows Person Who Hurled Abuses at Delhi CM, Claims AAP
- Bus Rams Into Tree in Solapur District, Four Dead
- Fed Up With Harassment, College Girl Ends Life in Malegaon
- Indian-American Girl Becomes Youngest Delegate at DNC
- 14-Year-Old Boy Wins International Maths Competition
- Autorickshaw, Taxi Unions Call Off Strike in Delhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED