Indo-Pak Verbal Spat After Karachi Attack
Minutes after the siege on Karachi airport, Hafiz Saeed, chief of the Jamat-ud-Dawah, took to Twitter to blame India and Narendra Modi's "new security team" for the attack.
The spectacle at #KarachiAirport is Modi's plan against Pakistan. Direct response of needless appeasement of new 'Hindutva' Government.— Jamat 'ud' Da'wah (@JuD_Official) June 8, 2014
#KarachiAirport is an attack on Pakistan. Modi's new security team is behind this act of war by India. Nation knows the real enemy.— Hafiz Muhammad Saeed (@HafizSaeedJUD) June 9, 2014
He also went on to say that Pakistan "must end exchange of gifts with India".
We condemn horrendous act of terrorism at #KarachiAirport in severe words. Government must end exchange of gifts with India; show spine.— Hafiz Muhammad Saeed (@HafizSaeedJUD) June 9, 2014
Saeed, who is himself considered the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was not the only one on Twitter who caused a controversy by blaming India.
@geonews_english reported that "Indian made weapons" were recovered from the terrorists, which resulted in instant reactions from the Twitterati.
(Breaking News) DG Rangers says Indian made weapons recovered from terrorists #KarachiAirport
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- BMC: Congress’s Gurudas Kamat Opposes Tie Up With Shiv Sena
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman