Indo-Pak Verbal Spat After Karachi Attack
Minutes after the siege on Karachi airport, Hafiz Saeed, chief of the Jamat-ud-Dawah, took to Twitter to blame India and Narendra Modi's "new security team" for the attack.
The spectacle at #KarachiAirport is Modi's plan against Pakistan. Direct response of needless appeasement of new 'Hindutva' Government.— Jamat 'ud' Da'wah (@JuD_Official) June 8, 2014
#KarachiAirport is an attack on Pakistan. Modi's new security team is behind this act of war by India. Nation knows the real enemy.— Hafiz Muhammad Saeed (@HafizSaeedJUD) June 9, 2014
He also went on to say that Pakistan "must end exchange of gifts with India".
We condemn horrendous act of terrorism at #KarachiAirport in severe words. Government must end exchange of gifts with India; show spine.— Hafiz Muhammad Saeed (@HafizSaeedJUD) June 9, 2014
Saeed, who is himself considered the mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai attacks, was not the only one on Twitter who caused a controversy by blaming India.
@geonews_english reported that "Indian made weapons" were recovered from the terrorists, which resulted in instant reactions from the Twitterati.
(Breaking News) DG Rangers says Indian made weapons recovered from terrorists #KarachiAirport
- Encounter In Assam Was Fake, Says Top CRPF Officer
- Nepal Prime Minister Prachanda Resigns
- 'Enemy' Will Remember Pakistan's Response
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10