Indo-Pak DGMOs Meet Over Ceasefire Violations
India today lodged a protest with Pakistan over increased border ceasefire violations as top military officials of the two countries held telephonic talks and agreed to hold flag meetings to defuse the situation.
The DGMO (Director General Military Operations) talks were held around 1200 hours for about 10 minutes during which "all relevant issues" were raised, Army officials said here.
During the talks, the Indian side is understood to have raised the issue of frequent ceasefire violations and lodged protest over the issue, Army sources said here.
There have been 95 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control and it has also breached the ceasefire pact 25 times on the International Border.
"The two sides have agreed to hold flag meetings at field levels by both Army and BSF to defuse the situation," the Army officials said.
The DGMOs -- Lt Gen PR Kumar from India and Major General Amir Riaz from Pakistan -- discussed the border situation during their talk on hotline which takes place every Tuesday.
The DGMOs hold talks every week during which they discuss issues related to the Line of Control and other areas.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has stated that India has been responding effectively and strongly to the ceasefire violations by Pakistan side.
India has also further strengthened its counter infiltration grid to tackle any attempt by Pakistan to push in militants during the ceasefire violations.
Meanwhile, Jaitley held a meeting with three Services chiefs where they discussed the ceasefire violations by the Pakistan side and the Indian response.
The meeting is also understood to have discussed the infrastructure development being planned by India along the China border.
Army Chief Dalbir Singh Suhag is learnt to have briefed the Defence Minister about his two-day visit to the Eastern sector.
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Defence Secretary RK Mathur, IAF chief Arup Raha and Navy Chief Admiral Robin Dhowan were also present in the meeting.
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10