Indo-Pak DGMOs Meet Over Ceasefire Violations
India today lodged a protest with Pakistan over increased border ceasefire violations as top military officials of the two countries held telephonic talks and agreed to hold flag meetings to defuse the situation.
The DGMO (Director General Military Operations) talks were held around 1200 hours for about 10 minutes during which "all relevant issues" were raised, Army officials said here.
During the talks, the Indian side is understood to have raised the issue of frequent ceasefire violations and lodged protest over the issue, Army sources said here.
There have been 95 ceasefire violations by Pakistan along the Line of Control and it has also breached the ceasefire pact 25 times on the International Border.
"The two sides have agreed to hold flag meetings at field levels by both Army and BSF to defuse the situation," the Army officials said.
The DGMOs -- Lt Gen PR Kumar from India and Major General Amir Riaz from Pakistan -- discussed the border situation during their talk on hotline which takes place every Tuesday.
The DGMOs hold talks every week during which they discuss issues related to the Line of Control and other areas.
Defence Minister Arun Jaitley has stated that India has been responding effectively and strongly to the ceasefire violations by Pakistan side.
India has also further strengthened its counter infiltration grid to tackle any attempt by Pakistan to push in militants during the ceasefire violations.
Meanwhile, Jaitley held a meeting with three Services chiefs where they discussed the ceasefire violations by the Pakistan side and the Indian response.
The meeting is also understood to have discussed the infrastructure development being planned by India along the China border.
Army Chief Dalbir Singh Suhag is learnt to have briefed the Defence Minister about his two-day visit to the Eastern sector.
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, Defence Secretary RK Mathur, IAF chief Arup Raha and Navy Chief Admiral Robin Dhowan were also present in the meeting.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Man Sitting On Indefinite Hunger Strike Gets Married At The Protest Site
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Female Intruder From Pakistan Shot Dead, Another Arrested By The BSF
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman