Indifference of SP Workers Led to LS Poll Debacle: Mulayam
Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav today blamed the indifference of some of the party's leaders and workers as the reason behind its drubbing in Lok Sabha elections.
"A number of our people had given up (before the Lok Sabha elections) and did not work wholeheartedly. We got a majority in the Assembly elections, but were wiped out in Lok Sabha polls and we could clinch only five seats," he said.
Speaking at the inauguration function of a 376 acre park in memory of SP veteran socialist Janeshwar Mishra, Mulayam said his organization "failed" to stop the so-called 'Modi wave' in the state.
Attacking the BJP government at the Centre, he said that it promised to resolve the problems, but it neither has nor will it be able to do so.
"They promised to give jobs, but they have not done it so far, nor they will be able to do so. They promised to get back our land in possession of China and Pakistan, but they have neither done it nor will they be able to," Mulayam alleged.
The SP supremo said that despite having only five members in Lok Sabha the party was raising issues effectively.
"Yesterday there were only two MPs. We raised the issue of students in the House and it had to be adjourned for two hours. Later the Minister came and he had to assure that the Government will concede to the demand," he said.
Mulayam said that the SP government has and will fulfill all the promises.
Regarding Janeshwar Mishra he said that the veteran socialist practiced what he preached and throughout his life he struggled for the cause of workers, farmers and poor sections.
Speaking on the occasion, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav claimed that in the coming days 'Janeshwar Mishra Park' would be the biggest in the country.
"This is not a memorial built of stones, but greenery has been ensured in this park," he said while taking a dig at memorials and parks constructed during previous Mayawati regime.
Akhilesh said as the government has the mandate of the people it would be under close scrutiny, but the decisions taken by it so far have not been taken by any other State.
"We have undertaken metro project at three places. Tell me any other place where this is being done. We are constructing new roads, Agra-Lucknow being one of them," he said.
The chief minister said that his government launched 108 and 102 ambulance service which no other state has done.
"The government is working without any discrimination," he said.
Janeshwar Mishra park is being developed on 376 acre land with a cost of Rs 352 crore. The park with a lake spread over 40 acre land would have facilities like gandola boat, walkway, jogging track, horse riding, children play area and amphitheater.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village