Indians Top Searchers of Food Recipes on YouTube Globally
Indians are not only lead the globally tally in searching for food recipes on video sharing site YouTube, but are also the top contributors when it comes to sharing cooking-related content.
According to YouTube data, two of the global top 10 YouTube food channels come from India, based on watchtime.
Indians are glued on to YouTube for recipes, over the past 12 months, most searches for recipes on YouTube around the world came from India, YouTube Director of Content and Operations (Asia-Pacific) Gautam Anand said here.
India is followed by the UAE, Australia, Singapore, the UK, Canada, the US and Germany, he added.
Four of the top 10 most watched YouTube food channels in Asia are also from India, making Indian creators some of the top cooking content contributors on YouTube in Asia and around the world, Anand said.
"Food and cooking videos are thriving on YouTube, with cooking content being amongst the top 10 most watched categories on YouTube globally," Anand said.
In India, it is among the top five most watched categories, and YouTube observed a 40 per cent year-over-year growth in viewership for food and cooking videos on the site, he added.
While Indian food lovers are increasingly tuning in to the platform for ideas, local professional chefs and amateur cooks are also embracing YouTube as content creators, he said.
YouTube today also unveiled India's popular and creative YouTube cooking talents.
The creators, who are presented as YouTube Top Chefs in India, have been rising in views and building out large subscriber bases globally by dishing out recipes and cooking tutorial videos online.
Based on the number of views and watchtime for their channels in 2013 and 2014, India's YouTube Top Chefs comprised of local homemakers and celebrity chefs.
Celebrated chef Sanjeev Kapoor was recognised along with a Noida-based Nisha Madhulika and Mumbai resident Gayatri Sharma.
Other Top Chefs included Sanjay Thumma and Harpal Singh.
FROM OUTLOOKLifestylePronto pujas and instant mantras speed the new age priest on his way to the NRI faithful...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNews AnalysisDaughter of a Bengali bookkeeper and growing up inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSoni MishraNew Delhi, Dec 31 (PTI) Their ancestorsmore from WIRES>>>
- Agli Baar, Medal Beshumaar: PM Announces Task Force to Prepare India for Olympics
- France Top Court Suspends Burkini Ban
- Pak Regrets India's Rejection of 'Discuss Kashmir' Proposal
- Scorpene Data Leak Not a Big Worry: Parrikar
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Whistleblower to Handover Scorpene Data Disk to Aus Govt: Newspaper
- Kanhaiya, Two Others Granted Regular Bail in Sedition Case
- Odisha Govt Admits Lapses, Man Says No Heed Paid by Hospital
- Are Decisions Taken by Cabinet Being Implemented, PM Seeks to Know
- AAP Removes Chhotepur as Punjab Convenor
- Cong Raking Up Needless Controversies for Political Gains: Naidu
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED