Indians Top Searchers of Food Recipes on YouTube Globally
Indians are not only lead the globally tally in searching for food recipes on video sharing site YouTube, but are also the top contributors when it comes to sharing cooking-related content.
According to YouTube data, two of the global top 10 YouTube food channels come from India, based on watchtime.
Indians are glued on to YouTube for recipes, over the past 12 months, most searches for recipes on YouTube around the world came from India, YouTube Director of Content and Operations (Asia-Pacific) Gautam Anand said here.
India is followed by the UAE, Australia, Singapore, the UK, Canada, the US and Germany, he added.
Four of the top 10 most watched YouTube food channels in Asia are also from India, making Indian creators some of the top cooking content contributors on YouTube in Asia and around the world, Anand said.
"Food and cooking videos are thriving on YouTube, with cooking content being amongst the top 10 most watched categories on YouTube globally," Anand said.
In India, it is among the top five most watched categories, and YouTube observed a 40 per cent year-over-year growth in viewership for food and cooking videos on the site, he added.
While Indian food lovers are increasingly tuning in to the platform for ideas, local professional chefs and amateur cooks are also embracing YouTube as content creators, he said.
YouTube today also unveiled India's popular and creative YouTube cooking talents.
The creators, who are presented as YouTube Top Chefs in India, have been rising in views and building out large subscriber bases globally by dishing out recipes and cooking tutorial videos online.
Based on the number of views and watchtime for their channels in 2013 and 2014, India's YouTube Top Chefs comprised of local homemakers and celebrity chefs.
Celebrated chef Sanjeev Kapoor was recognised along with a Noida-based Nisha Madhulika and Mumbai resident Gayatri Sharma.
Other Top Chefs included Sanjay Thumma and Harpal Singh.
FROM OUTLOOKLifestylePronto pujas and instant mantras speed the new age priest on his way to the NRI faithful...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNews AnalysisDaughter of a Bengali bookkeeper and growing up inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSoni MishraNew Delhi, Dec 31 (PTI) Their ancestorsmore from WIRES>>>
- My Party and My Family Are United: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Tata-Mistry Tussle Heads to the Courts As Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC, NCLT
- Yashwant Sinha Led Delegation Meets Hurriyat Leader Geelani to Break Kashmir Impasse
- Six Members of a Family Injured in Pak Shelling in Jammu
- SC Directs Vijay Mallya to Disclose His Foreign Assets in Four Weeks
- Delhi: One Person Killed In Blast At Naya Bazar, Rajnath Calls Delhi CP
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- E-Ballot Facility for Service Voters Gets Govt Nod: CEC
- Snatch Tribal Rights, Face Action, Warns PM
- 300-Year-Old British Coin, One of Only 20 Ever Minted, Found in 4-Year-Old's Treasure Chest
- Muslim Community Must Seriously Ponder Over Triple Talaq: RSS
- Rename HRD Ministry as Education Ministry: Sisodia to Javadekar
- Saudi Man Dumps Bride for Sharing Pictures on Snapchat Just 2 Hrs After Wedding
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman Of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata To Hold Interim Position
- Ratan Tata: 'I Think Everybody Knows Where The Intolerance Is Coming From...'
- Now, Adult Film Star Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment
- Not Just a Business Partner, But an Ally Who Stood By India in its Darkest Hours: Russia