Indian TV Channel's Report on Gaza Goes Viral in Israel
A video clip of a report by an Indian news channel showing purported Hamas militants firing a rocket from an inhabited area has gone viral on social media, drawing strong reactions against them for using their own population as "human shields" for attacking Israel.
NDTV aired a report yesterday claiming to show the militants assembling and firing a rocket from an inhabited area between hotels and other residential structures in Gaza.
The clip showed the news channel's reporter trying to reach the site from where the rocket was launched but he was stopped by other foreign journalists warning that there could be an Israeli retaliation.
The clip drew strong reactions on social media against Hamas and other Gaza-based militants.
"What do they have to say now....It's not us making those allegations. Israel had to defend itself and Hamas made its own population the sacrificial lamb to gain international sympathy," Nir, a user of mobile messenger service WhatsApp, wrote on a messaging group.
"I am proud of the Indian TV channel that aired this report. They also aired the unfortunate destruction and loss of lives in Gaza but at least they were brave to not hide what the other side was doing. Most of the foreign journalists ignore it out of fear of the Gaza terror groups," wrote another person, Naor, who is of Indian origin.
Israel's popular news portal Ynet and its English version also posted the clip on their site and said, "This seems to touch on the reason that reporters have been hesitant to film or photograph Hamas militants since some claim that Hamas would harm them if they were seen photographing or filming certain events."
Israel had been repeatedly making claims during the four-week war that most of the rockets fired from Gaza were launched from civilian areas, including hospitals and schools, causing casualties in retaliatory attacks.
The Jewish state had been claiming that Hamas and other Gaza based militants were using their own population as "human shields".
The four-week Israel-Hamas conflict has killed over 1,880 Palestinians - most of them civilians. Some 67 Israelis, including three soldiers, have also died.
- Modi Government Gears Up To Counter China's OBOR
- Wreckage Of Missing Sukhoi Fighter Jet Found
- Modi Govt Should Rethink NITI Aayog Existence: RSS trade union
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10