Indian Team Avoids Media Ahead of Their 2nd ODI
Hit by controversies right through their troubled England tour, the Indian team management today sought to steer clear of the media by not sending any player for the mandatory pre-match press conference ahead of the second ODI against the hosts.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni had created a flutter at the first press conference ahead of the series-opener by declaring that coach Duncan Fletcher continued to remain the 'boss' of the team and would do so till the 2015 World Cup.
The BCCI took strong exception to Dhoni's statement, saying that he had "overstepped his brief" and it was "unbecoming of an Indian captain" to make such comments. The BCCI had also decided to take up the matter at its next Working Committee Meeting.
Dhoni, however, chose to skip the press conference today while the team management did not depute any player to face the media, a move which could have been taken to avoid any further controversy.
The media has raised questions on who was actually the 'boss' of the Indian team following former cricketer Ravi Shastri's appointment as the Director of Cricket in the wake of the shambolic performance in the Test series.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel had made it clear that the team would now be "Ravi Shastri's baby" and Fletcher will have to report to him.
Shastri himself had said in media interviews that Fletcher will have to report to him and he will be the overall incharge of the team.
The Indian team had a strenuous net session where both Fletcher and Shastri were present. But when it was time for the press conferees, a message was sent out that no one from the Indian side would address the media.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10