Indian Team Avoids Media Ahead of Their 2nd ODI
Hit by controversies right through their troubled England tour, the Indian team management today sought to steer clear of the media by not sending any player for the mandatory pre-match press conference ahead of the second ODI against the hosts.
Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni had created a flutter at the first press conference ahead of the series-opener by declaring that coach Duncan Fletcher continued to remain the 'boss' of the team and would do so till the 2015 World Cup.
The BCCI took strong exception to Dhoni's statement, saying that he had "overstepped his brief" and it was "unbecoming of an Indian captain" to make such comments. The BCCI had also decided to take up the matter at its next Working Committee Meeting.
Dhoni, however, chose to skip the press conference today while the team management did not depute any player to face the media, a move which could have been taken to avoid any further controversy.
The media has raised questions on who was actually the 'boss' of the Indian team following former cricketer Ravi Shastri's appointment as the Director of Cricket in the wake of the shambolic performance in the Test series.
BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel had made it clear that the team would now be "Ravi Shastri's baby" and Fletcher will have to report to him.
Shastri himself had said in media interviews that Fletcher will have to report to him and he will be the overall incharge of the team.
The Indian team had a strenuous net session where both Fletcher and Shastri were present. But when it was time for the press conferees, a message was sent out that no one from the Indian side would address the media.
- Congress Bastion Amethi Goes To Polls
- Assault on Kerala Actress Scares Me: Deepika
- Nokia Relaunches Iconic 3310 With Colour Display, Web Features
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- 'You Want To Make Universities Laboratories For Separatist Experiments?' Naidu Asks Congress, Left
- Madras High Court Exempts Class Xth Non-Tamil Students From Writing Examination In Tamil
- Banned SIMI Chief And 10 Others Given Life Imprisonment In Sedition Case
- Airtel Removes Roaming Charges on Calls, Data
- Now, BJP MP Pratap Simha Compares Kargil Martyr's Daughter With Dawood Ibrahim
- Political Speeches, Anti-Trump Jibes Dominate Oscars 2017
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events