Indian Spirituality Merchandise is a Hit in Western Market: Experts
Westerners are now lapping up spiritual merchandise through e-commerce platforms, as India is becoming a global spiritual destination say experts.
"Legend has it that chanting mantras using the 'Jap Mala' helps bring a positive aura to the mind and body. This age old belief attached to the Jap Mala which is a set of beads that has made its way to customers residing in Europe and US," Saif Saiyed of Gujarat-based Kabeer Agate Exporters told PTI.
He said that Westerners have become increasingly fascinated by the energy that this miniature product can bring to one's life.
From Anand, they manufacture and export all kind of Arrowheads, Metaphysical, New Age, Esoteric, Dowsing, Reiki, Fengshui, Pagan, Wiccan, Spiritual and Chakra products.
Khalid Isar, Country General Manager of the B2B ecommerce portal Alibaba.Com said that with the growing reputation as a spiritual retreat, symbolism inspired by Indian art, culture and religion has found representation in handicrafts, apparel and even items of home décor.
Vaastu, Fengshui correction, memory enhancer, Vedic property pendants amongst other products are also in demand. He said they have witnessed a significant spurt in spiritual handicraft product demand due to skilled Indian artisans who apply age-old techniques.
"In various industries, such as handicrafts and gems and jewelry, Indian suppliers are increasingly being recognized for their proven artistry and expertise. Their quality of work has led to demand coming in from world markets," Isar said.
Krishna Murthy Kannan who runs wellness company Portoworld says one of their promising innovations has been Geopathic Stress Neutralizer Pads and others include Vaastu fengshui correction, memory enhancer and vedic property pendant for health and prosperity.
Murthy has witnessed a 40 per cent increase in demand, most of it coming from Europe. He also receives demand from the US and key emerging markets in Asia as well as Europe.
Known to promote healing, Buddhism related products such as Tibetan phurba, vishwavajra, crystal quartz dorje and Buddha sculptors has been favoured in the US, UK and Australia.
According to a recent report by the Export Promotion Council of Handicrafts, Indian handicraft exports increased by 20.72 percent to 2.78 billion USD during the period of April 2013 to January 2014.
Even in the apparel and home décor category, Gemstone pyramid is one such marvel that has gained considerable recognition. "It helps draw off negative energy thereby amplifying a therapeutic aura," Saiyed said.
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- Chinese Official Media Slams PM Modi for Balochistan Remarks
- Chopper Scam: Middleman Ready to Meet Indian Cops in Dubai
- Brussels Crime Lab Attacked to 'Destroy Evidence'
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED