Indian-Origin Chef Gives Prince Charles a Taste of Indian Food
Prince Charles has been getting a taste of spicy Indian food cooked by one of Britain's most celebrated Indian-origin chefs.
Atul Kochhar, a Michelin-starred restaurateur who owns a number of popular Indian eateries here, has said he has been cooking Indian food for the heir to Britain's throne at his residence in Clarence House.
"I have cooked Indian food for him many times," the presenter of television show 'Curry On With Atul Kochhar' told The Telegraph.
"I help with the Prince's Trust and also the British Asian Trust and I often get asked by him and his trustees to cook for the events, which is fantastic," he said.
The 44-year-old Jamshedpur-born chef, however, did not give out the Prince's favourite dish but hinted at one of his favourites.
"Whenever I am cooking dinner for him, I always put mutton on the menu. He is a big promoter of British mutton and I have always loved it as it lends itself well to Indian cooking," he said.
When the Prince of Wales was on a tour in India last year with wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, he was teased by journalists for having a "bland" palate after he admitted that he found the cuisine on offer "too much to take".
It seems he will be more adventurous the next time.
FROM OUTLOOKLifestylePronto pujas and instant mantras speed the new age priest on his way to the NRI faithful...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBNews AnalysisDaughter of a Bengali bookkeeper and growing up inmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESSoni MishraNew Delhi, Dec 31 (PTI) Their ancestorsmore from WIRES>>>
- French Burkini Bans Face Legal Challenge as Tension Mounts
- India Talks Tough With Pak, Says Willing to Discuss Terror
- Stand By Every Word I Said on RSS: Rahul Gandhi
- Angry Mehbooba Ends Press Meet With Rajnath Abruptly
- Scorpene Leak: Navy Takes Up Issue With France's DGA
- Alternatives to Pellet Guns in Few Days: Rajnath
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Anil Arora, Mr. Bookworm, R.I.P.
- Delhi: Female TV Journalist Harassed, One Held
- Three Decades After Anti-Sikh Riots, Two Victims to Get Compensation
- Maleeha Lodhi Pitches for Pak's Inclusion in NSG
- Outsiders Engineered Coup Against Chhotepur: Amarinder
- Mangaluru: Eggs Hurled at Actor Ramya's Car Over Pak Comment
- Rebel AAP MLA Moves Breach of Privilege Notice Against Sisodia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED