Indian-Origin Chef Gives Prince Charles a Taste of Indian Food
Prince Charles has been getting a taste of spicy Indian food cooked by one of Britain's most celebrated Indian-origin chefs.
Atul Kochhar, a Michelin-starred restaurateur who owns a number of popular Indian eateries here, has said he has been cooking Indian food for the heir to Britain's throne at his residence in Clarence House.
"I have cooked Indian food for him many times," the presenter of television show 'Curry On With Atul Kochhar' told The Telegraph.
"I help with the Prince's Trust and also the British Asian Trust and I often get asked by him and his trustees to cook for the events, which is fantastic," he said.
The 44-year-old Jamshedpur-born chef, however, did not give out the Prince's favourite dish but hinted at one of his favourites.
"Whenever I am cooking dinner for him, I always put mutton on the menu. He is a big promoter of British mutton and I have always loved it as it lends itself well to Indian cooking," he said.
When the Prince of Wales was on a tour in India last year with wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, he was teased by journalists for having a "bland" palate after he admitted that he found the cuisine on offer "too much to take".
It seems he will be more adventurous the next time.
- K.P.S. Gill, Who Killed Terrorism In Punjab, Dies
- K.P.S. Gill: The Man Who Won The Terror Battle In Punjab
- K.P.S. Gill Ruled Indian Hockey With An Iron Fist
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' to release in China
- Angry Over Amit Shah's Comment, Telangana CM Says No Final Decision On Supporting BJP For President Post
- Indian Woman Uzma, Who Was Forced to Marry Pakistani Man, Returns Home, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- Malayali Man Brings His Pakistani Lover And Her Parents to India With Fake Docs, All Detained in Bengaluru
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10