Indian-Origin Chef Gives Prince Charles a Taste of Indian Food
Prince Charles has been getting a taste of spicy Indian food cooked by one of Britain's most celebrated Indian-origin chefs.
Atul Kochhar, a Michelin-starred restaurateur who owns a number of popular Indian eateries here, has said he has been cooking Indian food for the heir to Britain's throne at his residence in Clarence House.
"I have cooked Indian food for him many times," the presenter of television show 'Curry On With Atul Kochhar' told The Telegraph.
"I help with the Prince's Trust and also the British Asian Trust and I often get asked by him and his trustees to cook for the events, which is fantastic," he said.
The 44-year-old Jamshedpur-born chef, however, did not give out the Prince's favourite dish but hinted at one of his favourites.
"Whenever I am cooking dinner for him, I always put mutton on the menu. He is a big promoter of British mutton and I have always loved it as it lends itself well to Indian cooking," he said.
When the Prince of Wales was on a tour in India last year with wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, he was teased by journalists for having a "bland" palate after he admitted that he found the cuisine on offer "too much to take".
It seems he will be more adventurous the next time.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Hafiz Saeed A Serious Threat To Nation: Pak's Defence Minister
- CBI Searches Former Chief A.P. Singh's Residence
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- CBI Arrests IRS Officer For Bribery In IPL-Betting Scam
- Cong Promises to Strive for Removal of AFSPA If Voted Back to Power
- Indefinite Bandh Called Off In Nagaland
- At Least 6 Killed, 14 Injured In Suicide Blast Outside Pakistan Court
- Trump Picks Lt Gen McMaster As New National Security Advisor
- BSF Foils Infiltration Bid Along LoC, Militant Killed
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Wary Of Indian Space-Tech, China Plans On Fast-Tracking Its Rocket Launches
- 'He Would Put His Fingers Inside Me, Move My Leg Around': US Gymnasts Accuse Former Team Doctor
- Stockholm-Based Think-Tank Says India Was The World's Largest Arms Importer In The Past Five Years
- Woman Allegedly Raped Near South Delhi's Hauz Khas Village