Indian MedTech Industry Could Touch USD 50 Billion , Says CII Report
The medical technology industry in India, the size of which is just USD 6.3 billion at present, has the potential to expand to USD 50 billion by 2025 if it receives appropriate policy support from the government, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has said in a report.
The medical technology sector covers medical devices, equipments and diagnostics that are used as part of healthcare services rendered to the patient.
"To develop a clear roadmap for making India a global hub for the medical technology sector, we have prepared a vision document in partnership with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)," said Pavan Choudary, Chairman of the Medical Technology Division of CII and Managing Director, Vygon India.
The vision document, entitled 'Revitalising Manufacturing and Innovation to Realise the USD 50 billion Potential', is scheduled for release at the 7th Medical Technology Conference being organised by the CII Medical Technology Division in New Delhi on August 20.
- Mumbai Is The Richest Indian City With Total Wealth Of USD 820 Billion
- Paytm Offers To Hire Employees Sacked By Rival Companies
- Kim Killing Suspect Thought She Was In A 'Comedy Video'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Gujarat ATS Arrests Two ISIS Suspects From Rajkot And Bhavnagar
- Army Examination Cancelled At 6 Centres After Question Papers Leak
- Tight Security In Haryana As Jats Observe 'Black Day'
- Some Students 'Fantasise' About Breaking India Under The Guise Of Freedom Of Speech, Says Kiren Rijiju
- Public Sector Banks May Go On A Strike On Feb 28
- Shiv Sena Our 'True Well Wisher', Say Winner Muslim Candidates
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Rahul Gandhi Says He Has Information Of PM Modi's Personal Corruption
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events
- Demonetisation Advisers Need Elementary Course In Economics Says Chidambaram
- 52 Killed, Over 100 Injured in Sufi Shrine Blast in Pak's Balochistan