Indian MedTech Industry Could Touch USD 50 Billion , Says CII Report
The medical technology industry in India, the size of which is just USD 6.3 billion at present, has the potential to expand to USD 50 billion by 2025 if it receives appropriate policy support from the government, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has said in a report.
The medical technology sector covers medical devices, equipments and diagnostics that are used as part of healthcare services rendered to the patient.
"To develop a clear roadmap for making India a global hub for the medical technology sector, we have prepared a vision document in partnership with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)," said Pavan Choudary, Chairman of the Medical Technology Division of CII and Managing Director, Vygon India.
The vision document, entitled 'Revitalising Manufacturing and Innovation to Realise the USD 50 billion Potential', is scheduled for release at the 7th Medical Technology Conference being organised by the CII Medical Technology Division in New Delhi on August 20.
FROM OUTLOOKBicycle Washing Machine, TV Remote-guided Robot, BioMass gassifier, Sanitary Napkin maker, Blind Man's stick...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThe 'Make in India' initiative during the 1980s, wmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESMumbai, Jul 23 (PTI) The radioactive Iridium 192 cmore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Yashvardhan Sinha Appointed India's High Commissioner to UK
- BSF Orders More Non-Lethal Weapons for Use at Bangladesh Border
- Pathankot on High Alert, Search Operation Launched
- Curfew Relaxed for Six Hours in Kishtwar District of J&K
- India Confronts Pak Envoy With Proof of Uri Attack's Cross Border Origins
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED