Indian MedTech Industry Could Touch USD 50 Billion , Says CII Report
The medical technology industry in India, the size of which is just USD 6.3 billion at present, has the potential to expand to USD 50 billion by 2025 if it receives appropriate policy support from the government, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has said in a report.
The medical technology sector covers medical devices, equipments and diagnostics that are used as part of healthcare services rendered to the patient.
"To develop a clear roadmap for making India a global hub for the medical technology sector, we have prepared a vision document in partnership with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)," said Pavan Choudary, Chairman of the Medical Technology Division of CII and Managing Director, Vygon India.
The vision document, entitled 'Revitalising Manufacturing and Innovation to Realise the USD 50 billion Potential', is scheduled for release at the 7th Medical Technology Conference being organised by the CII Medical Technology Division in New Delhi on August 20.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10