Indian MedTech Industry Could Touch USD 50 Billion , Says CII Report
The medical technology industry in India, the size of which is just USD 6.3 billion at present, has the potential to expand to USD 50 billion by 2025 if it receives appropriate policy support from the government, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has said in a report.
The medical technology sector covers medical devices, equipments and diagnostics that are used as part of healthcare services rendered to the patient.
"To develop a clear roadmap for making India a global hub for the medical technology sector, we have prepared a vision document in partnership with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)," said Pavan Choudary, Chairman of the Medical Technology Division of CII and Managing Director, Vygon India.
The vision document, entitled 'Revitalising Manufacturing and Innovation to Realise the USD 50 billion Potential', is scheduled for release at the 7th Medical Technology Conference being organised by the CII Medical Technology Division in New Delhi on August 20.
FROM OUTLOOKBicycle Washing Machine, TV Remote-guided Robot, BioMass gassifier, Sanitary Napkin maker, Blind Man's stick...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThe 'Make in India' initiative during the 1980s, wmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESMumbai, Jul 23 (PTI) The radioactive Iridium 192 cmore from WIRES>>>
- Absconding UP BJP Leader Dayashankar Singh Arrested From Bihar
- Gurgaon: Thousands Stranded on NH-8 Due to Waterlogging, Heavy Rains
- Govt Lists GST Bill For Consideration in Rajya Sabha
- One San Diego Cop Killed, Another Wounded in Shooting: Police
- Protestors Defy Curfew, Clash With Security Forces
- Indian National Not Executed in Indonesia: Swaraj
- Nike's Deepika Video Gets Rural India's YouTube Reply
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Salman Poaching Case: Key Witness Demands Police Protection
- Pregnant Woman Crushed to Death by Bus in Andhra
- Need to Have Dialogue With People of Kashmir: V.K. Singh
- Odisha: BJD MLA, Party Workers Thrash BJP Supporters, Case Registered
- Eight Held for Protests During BSP Leader Siddiqui's Visit in UP
- Judge Recuses From Hearing BJP MLA's Bail Petition
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED