Indian MedTech Industry Could Touch USD 50 Billion , Says CII Report
The medical technology industry in India, the size of which is just USD 6.3 billion at present, has the potential to expand to USD 50 billion by 2025 if it receives appropriate policy support from the government, the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has said in a report.
The medical technology sector covers medical devices, equipments and diagnostics that are used as part of healthcare services rendered to the patient.
"To develop a clear roadmap for making India a global hub for the medical technology sector, we have prepared a vision document in partnership with the Boston Consulting Group (BCG)," said Pavan Choudary, Chairman of the Medical Technology Division of CII and Managing Director, Vygon India.
The vision document, entitled 'Revitalising Manufacturing and Innovation to Realise the USD 50 billion Potential', is scheduled for release at the 7th Medical Technology Conference being organised by the CII Medical Technology Division in New Delhi on August 20.
FROM OUTLOOKBicycle Washing Machine, TV Remote-guided Robot, BioMass gassifier, Sanitary Napkin maker, Blind Man's stick...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionThe 'Make in India' initiative during the 1980s, wmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESMumbai, Jul 23 (PTI) The radioactive Iridium 192 cmore from WIRES>>>
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED