India Summons Pak Diplomat Over Capture of BSF Jawan
India today summoned the Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner and sought immediate release of the BSF jawan who was captured by Pakistan army in their territory after being swept away by a strong current of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir.
The issue was also raised by the Indian Deputy High Commissioner in Islamabad with the Pakistan Foreign Office, officials sources said here.
The Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner was called by Joint Secretary incharge of Pakistan division in External Affairs Ministry Rudrendra Tandon and told that Pakistani government should facilitate the return of the BSF jawan as soon as possible, according to sources.
Meanwhile, according to sources both in BSF and in Pakistan Rangers in Lahore, the Indian jawan will be handed back tomorrow.
BSF sources said a company commander level flag meeting was held earlier today at the Nikowal border post area in Jammu's Sunderbani sector between the Force and the Pak Rangers who said the BSF jawan Satyasheel Yadav (30) would return tomorrow.
In Lahore, a senior Rangers official said, "We have decided to free the Indian soldier. We have completed his interrogation. He will be handed over to the BSF tomorrow in the presence of the media after a flag meeting with BSF in Sialkot on Friday morning."
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Rate Cut Possible Only If Inflation Eases: Rajan
- Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa Conferred Khel Ratna Along With Jitu Rai
- Curfew Lifted in Kashmir After 51 Days of Lockdown
- SC Pulls Up Azam Khan for Calling Bulandshahr Gangrape a 'Political Conspiracy'
- Submarine Data Leak Being Viewed 'Very Seriously': Navy chief
- Usain Bolt Won Nine Olympic Golds Because Of Beef: BJP MP
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- Racism Row After South Africa School Asks Girls to Straighten Hair
- Dana Majhi Takes Part in 'Padayatra' Organised by Congress
- NIA Summons Geelani's Elder Son for Questioning
- John Kerry Samples Delhi Traffic, Gets Stuck in Jam Due to Waterlogging
- EC Notice to Maharashtra BJP, 7 Other Parties for Not Filing Tax Returns
- Govt Defers Mega Spectrum Auction by 2 Days to Oct 1
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED