India Summons Pak Diplomat Over Capture of BSF Jawan
India today summoned the Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner and sought immediate release of the BSF jawan who was captured by Pakistan army in their territory after being swept away by a strong current of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir.
The issue was also raised by the Indian Deputy High Commissioner in Islamabad with the Pakistan Foreign Office, officials sources said here.
The Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner was called by Joint Secretary incharge of Pakistan division in External Affairs Ministry Rudrendra Tandon and told that Pakistani government should facilitate the return of the BSF jawan as soon as possible, according to sources.
Meanwhile, according to sources both in BSF and in Pakistan Rangers in Lahore, the Indian jawan will be handed back tomorrow.
BSF sources said a company commander level flag meeting was held earlier today at the Nikowal border post area in Jammu's Sunderbani sector between the Force and the Pak Rangers who said the BSF jawan Satyasheel Yadav (30) would return tomorrow.
In Lahore, a senior Rangers official said, "We have decided to free the Indian soldier. We have completed his interrogation. He will be handed over to the BSF tomorrow in the presence of the media after a flag meeting with BSF in Sialkot on Friday morning."
- One Killed In Clashes At Saharanpur, Mayawati Slams Yogi Government
- Twitter Forces Rawal To Delete Tweet On Roy
- Melania Trump Evades Donald Trump’s Hand Again, For The Second Time
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10