India Summons Pak Diplomat Over Capture of BSF Jawan
India today summoned the Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner and sought immediate release of the BSF jawan who was captured by Pakistan army in their territory after being swept away by a strong current of the Chenab river in Jammu and Kashmir.
The issue was also raised by the Indian Deputy High Commissioner in Islamabad with the Pakistan Foreign Office, officials sources said here.
The Pakistan Deputy High Commissioner was called by Joint Secretary incharge of Pakistan division in External Affairs Ministry Rudrendra Tandon and told that Pakistani government should facilitate the return of the BSF jawan as soon as possible, according to sources.
Meanwhile, according to sources both in BSF and in Pakistan Rangers in Lahore, the Indian jawan will be handed back tomorrow.
BSF sources said a company commander level flag meeting was held earlier today at the Nikowal border post area in Jammu's Sunderbani sector between the Force and the Pak Rangers who said the BSF jawan Satyasheel Yadav (30) would return tomorrow.
In Lahore, a senior Rangers official said, "We have decided to free the Indian soldier. We have completed his interrogation. He will be handed over to the BSF tomorrow in the presence of the media after a flag meeting with BSF in Sialkot on Friday morning."
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBReportageThe first ever strike at the army camp in Baramullmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Pak Violates Ceasefire Twice in Kathua, Rajouri, Jawan Injured
- Twin Raids in Northern Iraq by Suicide Bombers, 16 Killed
- Don't Release Funds to State Till They Implement Lodha Panel Recommendations: SC Tells BCCI
- Govt Assures Prompt Action on ATM Card Data Breach
- Trump's National Political Director 'Steps Back' From Campaign
- Five Naval Men Held for Attacking Youth in Goa
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Daily Curator: All That Chest Thumping Can Accomplish
- This 'Chaiwala' From Pakistan First Broke The Internet; Now He Has A Modelling Contract
- Daily Curator: How To Burn A Hole In Your Food Pipe And Other Stories
- Watch: Jack Reacher-Never Go Back Trailer
- Wipro Q2 Net Profit Dips 7.6% at Rs 2,070 Crore
- BJP Demands NIA Probe Into Killings of RSS, Party Activists
- Akhilesh Skips Meet Where Shivpal Declares Him CM Nominee
- Modi Govt Trying to Impose Uniform Civil Code: Imam
- Security Beefed Up Around Raisina Hill in Anticipation of JNU Students' Protest
- Head of Militant Group Behind Dhaka Cafe Attack Killed: Police
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Notice to Katju on Petition Against His Blog Post on Beef
- Following Rajnath Singh's Orders, Delhi Police Forms SIT to Trace Missing JNU Student
- Discriminatory Practises Cannot Be Held Integral to Freedom of Religion: Law Minister on Triple Talaq
- Congress' Rita Bahuguna Joins BJP, Hits Out at Rahul for 'Khoon Ki Dalali'