India Responding Adequately to Pak Provocations: Jaitley
Amid repeated ceasefire violations by Pakistan, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley today said there has been a series of "provocations" by Pakistani Army and the country's armed forces are "responding adequately."
"I have said yesterday and repeating it today that there has been a series of provocations from the Pakistani Army in the last few fays," he told reporters on the sidelines of inauguration of Murshidabad campus of Management Development Institute (MDI).
He said the country's armed forces on the LoC and BSF on the international border are "fully protecting both our territory and people."
"Whatever response is required are being adequately made by them," the defence minister said.
Pakistani troops shelled and fired upon 25 Border Out Posts (BoPs) and 19 villages along the International Border in Jammu sector throughout the night, prompting the BSF to retaliate.
Yesterday, Pakistani troops had indulged in heavy unprovoked shelling and firing on 22 border outposts and 13 villages, killing two civilians and injuring six others, including a BSF jawan along the international border in Jammu sector.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Congress Derails RS Proceedings Over Private Member Bill on AP
- Supreme Court Allows Abortion of 24-Week Old Foetus
- Two Dead, 17 Wounded at Florida Nightclub Shooting
- SC Notice to Vijay Mallya on Petition of Consortium of Banks
- Sidhu Blasts BJP, Doesn't Say If He Is Joining AAP
- Chinkara Case: Rajasthan High Court Acquits Salman Khan
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Separatists 'Stooges of Pakistan', No Talks Needed With Them: BJP
- Govt Trying to Pass GST Bill This Session: Meghwal
- British PM Rules Out Post-Brexit Irish Border Control
- Ahmednagar Rape Case: Women Try to Attack Two Accused in Court
- Women Can Join and Serve in Territorial Army: Centre to HC
- Panama Papers: SC Seeks Centre, RBI's Response in Four Weeks
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED