India Must Take 'Clear Stand' on Gaza Issue: Oppn
Opposition members in Lok Sabha today made a strong demand that India should take a "clear stand" on the war in Gaza, saying "we cannot afford to sit on the fence" when disproportionate force was being used.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Sugata Bose (Trinamool Congress) referred to the tragic incident of an attack on a school in Gaza in which large number of women and children were killed.
"This is a clear violation of international law. We cannot afford to sit on the fence. When there was disproportionate use of force. I urge the government to take a clear stand on the side of morality," Bose said.
He was immediately supported by members of the Left parties, RJD and Congress.
- Burhan Wani's Successor Sabzar Bhat, Killed
- After Rahul, Akhilesh Denied Entry To Saharanpur
- WHO Confirms First Zika Cases From Ahmedabad
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10