India is One of World's Most Dynamic Countries: UK MP
India has secured its place as one of the world's most remarkable and dynamic countries, an Indian- origin MP of the Britain's Conservative Party has said.
Priti Patel, 42, said Indians could be proud of their country's important role in shaping the new world.
"Since Jawaharlal Nehru delivered his historic speech on 15th August 1947, India has secured its place as one of the world's most remarkable and dynamic countries. Through the spirit of its people and the power of its global vision, India is shaping today's new world in ways that we can be so proud of," Patel said.
Wishing the Indian community in the UK and abroad ahead of India's 67th Independence day on August 15, Patel said, celebration of Indian culture, heritage and aspirations lay at the heart of Indian diaspora's independence day festivities.
"Celebrating our vibrant culture, heritage and aspirations while uniting us as one global community is at the heart of our Independence Day festivities," Patel said.
"India Independence Day is a special occasion when we can all reflect on what we have achieved together and what we can look forward to in the future," she said.
"I offer my best wishes to the Indian community in both the UK and overseas as we celebrate India's 67th Independence Day together." she added.
- Outlook's Agony Aunt
- 2 Indians Die Every Minute Due to Air Pollution: Study
- Soon, Passport Can Be Applied At Post Offices
- NGT Slaps Rs 10Lakh Fine On Noida-Based Water Bottling Unit
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Jet Airways Restores Contact With ATC After German Authorites Send Fighter Jets for Fear Of Hijack
- 61.16 Per Cent Turnout in UP Phase-3: Polling Peaceful
- People Will Take Revenge on BJP For Note Ban: Rahul, Akhilesh
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Dares Congress, SP, BSP to Clarify Stand on Triple Talaq
- UP Polls: Over 55 Per Cent Turnout Till 4 PM
- Mulayam Clarifies No Rift In SP, Confident Akhilesh Will Be CM
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED