India is One of World's Most Dynamic Countries: UK MP
India has secured its place as one of the world's most remarkable and dynamic countries, an Indian- origin MP of the Britain's Conservative Party has said.
Priti Patel, 42, said Indians could be proud of their country's important role in shaping the new world.
"Since Jawaharlal Nehru delivered his historic speech on 15th August 1947, India has secured its place as one of the world's most remarkable and dynamic countries. Through the spirit of its people and the power of its global vision, India is shaping today's new world in ways that we can be so proud of," Patel said.
Wishing the Indian community in the UK and abroad ahead of India's 67th Independence day on August 15, Patel said, celebration of Indian culture, heritage and aspirations lay at the heart of Indian diaspora's independence day festivities.
"Celebrating our vibrant culture, heritage and aspirations while uniting us as one global community is at the heart of our Independence Day festivities," Patel said.
"India Independence Day is a special occasion when we can all reflect on what we have achieved together and what we can look forward to in the future," she said.
"I offer my best wishes to the Indian community in both the UK and overseas as we celebrate India's 67th Independence Day together." she added.
- Whole of J&K Belongs to India: Swaraj on Sharif's 'Delusional Kashmir Dream'
- Kashmir: Congress Decides Not to Meet Rajnath Singh
- Declare Blackmoney by Sept 30 or Face Action: PM
- 80 Dead as IS Claims Twin Blasts During Kabul Protest
- Chennai: Search for Missing IAF Plane Intensified, Parrikar Conducts Aerial Survey
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine in Mall Rampage, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Shami Takes Four on Comeback as West Indies Struggle at 120/5
- Root and Woakes Star as England Dominates Second Test Against Pakistan
- Clashes Rock Syria's Manbij as IS Ignores Ultimatum
- Orissa: Seven School Teachers Booked for Allegedly Sexually Harassing Girls
- President, PM Condole Raza's Death
- Orissa: Minor 'Assaulted' by BJD Men for Refusing to Donate Blood
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED