India Gifts Ambulances, Buses to Nepal on I-Day
India today gifted 20 ambulances and four buses to various organisations in Nepal on the occasion of its 68th Independence Day.
India's Ambassador to Nepal Ranjit Rae handed over keys of the vehicles to charitable organisations and schools during a function held inside the Indian Embassy premises.
The function was attended by over 2,500 people including diplomats, journalists, social activists, business community leaders and government staff.
The ambassador also gifted books to 75 libraries and educational institutions of Nepal.
Gifting ambulances and buses is part of a larger India- Nepal Development Partnership with an outlay of NRs 65 billion.
Ambassador Rae after hoisting the Indian national flag read out President Pranab Mukherjee's address, which stressed India's support for peace, stability and development in its neighbourhood.
India has gifted 442 ambulances and 86 buses to various Nepalese organisations since 1994.
"These assistances reflect the commitment of the Government and the people of India to work together with the people of Nepal in their stride towards peace and development," a statement issued by the Indian embassy here said.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED