India-Eng 3rd ODI: Kohli - Ben Stokes in a Verbal Spat
A brief verbal spat today broke out between Indian batsman Virat Kohli and England pacer Ben Stokes during the third one-dayer, leading to the umpires calling the home side captain and the bowler before the match continued.
Kohli was dismissed on 40 in the 26th over off the bowling of Stokes in India's run chase but while walking back to the dressing room, the visiting batsman apparently heard something said by the pacer. Kohli retorted by raising his bat for a few seconds towards Stokes.
The Indian, however, moved on towards the boundary line and did not turn back though it was clear from his body language that he was not happy with what he had heard. Reports said that Stokes provoked Kohli and television replays showed the England pacer saying something towards the Indian though it was not known what he said.
On-field umpires Michael Gough of England and Paul Reiffel of Australia called home side captain Alastair Cook and Stokes after the incident.
India thrash England by six wickets today to take an unassailable 2-0 lead in the five-match ODI series.
The five-match Test series, which preceded the ODI contests, was also marred by an ugly spat between Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja and England pacer James Anderson during the first Test at the same venue here.
Anderson was today booed by the sizable Indian supporters who turned up to watch the third ODI at Trent Bridge here.
FROM OUTLOOKSportsNursing a badly bruised ego, a post-surgery Kiwiteam aim to rediscover the elusive art of flying...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBInterviewIf Mannava Sri Kanth Prasad was watching televisiomore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESK J M Varma Islamabad, Feb 7 (PTI) Former skmore from WIRES>>>
- Open the Dam Shutters, SC Asks Karnataka to Release 6000 Cusecs of Water to TN
- After Indus Water Treaty, India Will Now Review the Most Favoured Nation Status Given to Pak
- Corruption Accused Ex-Corporate Affairs DG Bansal Commits Suicide Along With Son
- Clinton Puts Trump on Defensive in Fiery First Presidential Debate
- USA: Nine Injured in Shooting at Strip Mall in Houston
- Abandon 'Dream' of Obtaining Kashmir: Swaraj to Pakistan
- Highlights From The First US Presidential Debate
- List Of People Who Have Been At The Receiving End Of A Shoe
- Watch: A Poacher's Court Tries To Save Elephants And Rhinos In Africa
- US Bans Many Soaps With Harmful Chemicals, Indians Too at Health Risk
- 6-Year-Old Boy Wonder Cooks Kerala's Puttu for US Audience on Ellen Show
- Bound By Chain Great Dane Starved To Death
- Pakistani Actors Should Condemn Uri Attack: Anupam Kher
- Pak's Top Court Upholds Death Penalty for Mentally-Ill Man
- Bombings Kill at Least 17 in Baghdad: Officials
- Debate Microphone Was Defective: Trump
- Ali Bongo Sworn In as Gabon President After Disputed Win
- Pak Lawmakers Adopt Landmark Hindu Marriage Bill
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED