India Discusses Future Maritime Cooperation With Dubai
India has discussed future cooperation and opportunities with Dubai maritime authorities to further reinforce their strong partnership in the sector.
Deputy Consul General of India in Dubai, Muraleedharan K, held talks with officials of Dubai Maritime City Authority (DMCA), the government authority charged with regulating, coordinating and supervising all aspects of Dubai's maritime sector here.
During the meeting, both parties agreed to establish and maintain an effective channel of communication for better and faster coordination.
They also reached a mutual understanding with regard to addressing crew issues and other matters relating to Dubai's anchorage regulations, a statement released by the DMCA said.
"My visit to DMCA resulted in meaningful and productive discussions between me and its representatives. We are able to establish a more dynamic relationship following our meeting," Muraleedharan said.
"Through DMCA's efforts, the local maritime sector is able to effectively respond to market changes and emerging regional and international trends. DMCA's hard work is indeed worth emulating," he said.
Ali Al Daboos, Executive Director of Operations, DMCA, said: "DMCA would like to assure him that it remains fully committed to providing assistance to all Indian vessels operating in the Emirate. We welcome his visit and we hope to hold continuous dialogues with him about how we can further bring our partnership to the next level."
- Tardy Reaction To Molestation Of A Ladkhi Girl Opens Wounds Of Government Apathy To The Region
- No Security Stamps In These 7 Airports Anymore
- Kerala To Launch First Sex Offenders Registry
- Gujarat To Ban Hookah Bars
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Government To Launch 'Twitter Seva' To Address Public Grievances
- Gujarat Assembly Passes Bill To Impose Complete Ban On Hookah Bars
- Over 61 % Voting in Phase-IV Of UP Assembly Polls
- Vyapam: No CBI Probe Into Madhya Pradesh Pre-Engineering Test
- No Need To Get Security Stamp On Hand Baggages Anymore In These 7 Airports
- Govt Ropes In Shilpa Shetty As Swachh Bharat Brand Ambassador
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman