India Discusses Future Maritime Cooperation With Dubai
India has discussed future cooperation and opportunities with Dubai maritime authorities to further reinforce their strong partnership in the sector.
Deputy Consul General of India in Dubai, Muraleedharan K, held talks with officials of Dubai Maritime City Authority (DMCA), the government authority charged with regulating, coordinating and supervising all aspects of Dubai's maritime sector here.
During the meeting, both parties agreed to establish and maintain an effective channel of communication for better and faster coordination.
They also reached a mutual understanding with regard to addressing crew issues and other matters relating to Dubai's anchorage regulations, a statement released by the DMCA said.
"My visit to DMCA resulted in meaningful and productive discussions between me and its representatives. We are able to establish a more dynamic relationship following our meeting," Muraleedharan said.
"Through DMCA's efforts, the local maritime sector is able to effectively respond to market changes and emerging regional and international trends. DMCA's hard work is indeed worth emulating," he said.
Ali Al Daboos, Executive Director of Operations, DMCA, said: "DMCA would like to assure him that it remains fully committed to providing assistance to all Indian vessels operating in the Emirate. We welcome his visit and we hope to hold continuous dialogues with him about how we can further bring our partnership to the next level."
FROM OUTLOOKdiu: released childrenTheir boats having strayed into alien waters, these Diu boys landed in Pak jails. Now they're home....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBREPORTAGEThe two Italian Marines—Massimiliano Lattoremore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESWith terrorists using the sea route to attack Mumbmore from WIRES>>>
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED