India Discusses Future Maritime Cooperation With Dubai
India has discussed future cooperation and opportunities with Dubai maritime authorities to further reinforce their strong partnership in the sector.
Deputy Consul General of India in Dubai, Muraleedharan K, held talks with officials of Dubai Maritime City Authority (DMCA), the government authority charged with regulating, coordinating and supervising all aspects of Dubai's maritime sector here.
During the meeting, both parties agreed to establish and maintain an effective channel of communication for better and faster coordination.
They also reached a mutual understanding with regard to addressing crew issues and other matters relating to Dubai's anchorage regulations, a statement released by the DMCA said.
"My visit to DMCA resulted in meaningful and productive discussions between me and its representatives. We are able to establish a more dynamic relationship following our meeting," Muraleedharan said.
"Through DMCA's efforts, the local maritime sector is able to effectively respond to market changes and emerging regional and international trends. DMCA's hard work is indeed worth emulating," he said.
Ali Al Daboos, Executive Director of Operations, DMCA, said: "DMCA would like to assure him that it remains fully committed to providing assistance to all Indian vessels operating in the Emirate. We welcome his visit and we hope to hold continuous dialogues with him about how we can further bring our partnership to the next level."
FROM OUTLOOKdiu: released childrenTheir boats having strayed into alien waters, these Diu boys landed in Pak jails. Now they're home....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionSeventeen months ago, this writer saw it coming. Omore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESWith terrorists using the sea route to attack Mumbmore from WIRES>>>
- No Explanation, No Opportunity to Defend Myself, Says Mistry in an Explosive Mail to Board Members
- Modi-Key Talks: NZ Assures 'Constructive' Approach on NSG Bid
- Akhilesh Briefs Governor Ram Naik on Political Situation in UP
- Former Karnataka CM B.S. Yeddyurappa Acquitted of Corruption Charges
- Manipuri Student's Body Found in JNU Hostel Room
- Paul Beatty Becomes the First American to Win Booker Prize
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Watch: The Trailer of Hugh Jackman's Last Wolverine Film, Logan
- Daily Curator: It's All About The Family
- Police Registers Assault Case Against AAP MLA Amantullah Khan
- PM Asks Officials to Analyze World Bank Report Which Ranked India 130th
- Cabinet May Consider Advancing Budget to Feb 1
- UNESCO Approves Resolution on Jerusalem That Israel Says Denies Judaism's Ties to Temple Mount
- 26/11: India Not Responding to Pak Request to Send Witnesses, Says Prosecution
- Pak Lawmakers Slam Cricketers for Doing Push-Ups After Match Win Instead of Praying
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED