India Beat Bangladesh 5-1 to Win Hockey Series
The Indian Men's Hockey team continued their rampaging run as they thrashed Bangladesh 5-1 in their second match to clinch the three-match test series played at Dhaka today.
This victory brings with itself the series-win against Bangladesh and India now expects a clean sweep by winning the third and last match of the series tomorrow.
Harjeet Singh (10th minute), Yuvraj Walmiki (12th), SK Uthappa (20th), Devender Sunil Walmiki (24th) and Affan Yousuf (41st) were the goalscorers for India, while Bangladesh sounded the board through Hasan Jubair (7th).
The first goal of the match came in as early as in the 7th minute from Hasan Jubair of Bangladesh. However their joy was short lived as the score was soon leveled by Harjeet Singh who scored the first field goal for India in the 10th minute.
It was followed by a quick field goal by Yuvraj Walmiki in the 12th minute of the game. Vice-captain Uthappa and Walmiki too successfully managed to put the ball in the net in the 20th and 24th minute of the game respectively thus giving India a lead of 4-1 at the half time.
The second half saw a number of desperate attempts by both the teams to score goals but in the 41st minute it was Yousuf who managed to score a goal for India. No goals were scored thereafter.
Walmiki was awarded the Man of the Match.
India will now play their third and last test match against Bangladesh tomorrow.
- DMK Objects to Jayalalithaa's Portraits
- 'I Am Not Scared Of ABVP', DU Student And Kargil Martyr's Daughter's Facebook Post Goes Viral Sends Strong Message To ABVP
- 'Delhi Police Has Become Agent of BJP'
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- Censor Board Responsible for Preserving India's Culture: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ramjas Violence: College Forms Panel to Probe Students' Role
- 'Rs 10 Lakh Each Paid To 141 Families Of Manual Scavengers': TN Govt Tells Madras HC
- China's Bad Loans In 2016 Came Up To A Whopping USD 220 Billion
- Donkeys, Pigeons And Even Kasab: Morsels Of Madness From Uttar Pradesh
- DCW Orders Probe into Alleged Attacks on Women by Cops at DU
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman