India Beat Bangladesh 5-1 to Win Hockey Series
The Indian Men's Hockey team continued their rampaging run as they thrashed Bangladesh 5-1 in their second match to clinch the three-match test series played at Dhaka today.
This victory brings with itself the series-win against Bangladesh and India now expects a clean sweep by winning the third and last match of the series tomorrow.
Harjeet Singh (10th minute), Yuvraj Walmiki (12th), SK Uthappa (20th), Devender Sunil Walmiki (24th) and Affan Yousuf (41st) were the goalscorers for India, while Bangladesh sounded the board through Hasan Jubair (7th).
The first goal of the match came in as early as in the 7th minute from Hasan Jubair of Bangladesh. However their joy was short lived as the score was soon leveled by Harjeet Singh who scored the first field goal for India in the 10th minute.
It was followed by a quick field goal by Yuvraj Walmiki in the 12th minute of the game. Vice-captain Uthappa and Walmiki too successfully managed to put the ball in the net in the 20th and 24th minute of the game respectively thus giving India a lead of 4-1 at the half time.
The second half saw a number of desperate attempts by both the teams to score goals but in the 41st minute it was Yousuf who managed to score a goal for India. No goals were scored thereafter.
Walmiki was awarded the Man of the Match.
India will now play their third and last test match against Bangladesh tomorrow.
- Ahead of Diwali, Govt Approves 2 Per Cent Hike in DA
- Need to Have a Relook on the Minority Tag Given to Muslims: Giriraj Singh
- Pakistan Condemns 'Manhandling' Of Staffer, Says Espionage Charges False
- No Regulation of Media in a Democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pak High Commission Staffer Asked to Leave India Within 48 Hrs
- SC Defers Hearing of Election Petition Against Sonia Gandhi
- Watch: Donald Trump Pulls Out All The Stops With 'Ab Ki Baar, Trump Sarkar'
- Daily Curator: What Happens In Family May Not Stay So
- Neeraj Pandey's Ouch Takes on the Complexities of a Relationship
- Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
- Daily Curator: After Board Says Tata to Cyrus, Bombay HC May Have a Case to Hear
- Should You Be Worried About H5N8 Bird Flu? A Quick Guide To The Alphabet Soup
- Libya's Navy Says 90 Migrants Perished After Boat Fell Apart
- Ready to Sacrifice Myself for the Party: Amar Singh
- Neither Bua Nor Bhatija Can Improve Law and Order in UP: Amit Shah
- Pak Not to Attend Asian Ministerial Conference on Disaster
- Twitter to Cut 9 Per Cent of Staff, Plots New Growth Strategy
- Ceasefire Violations, If Continues, Will Not Go Unpunished: Sharif Warns India
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED