India Beat Bangladesh 5-1 to Win Hockey Series
The Indian Men's Hockey team continued their rampaging run as they thrashed Bangladesh 5-1 in their second match to clinch the three-match test series played at Dhaka today.
This victory brings with itself the series-win against Bangladesh and India now expects a clean sweep by winning the third and last match of the series tomorrow.
Harjeet Singh (10th minute), Yuvraj Walmiki (12th), SK Uthappa (20th), Devender Sunil Walmiki (24th) and Affan Yousuf (41st) were the goalscorers for India, while Bangladesh sounded the board through Hasan Jubair (7th).
The first goal of the match came in as early as in the 7th minute from Hasan Jubair of Bangladesh. However their joy was short lived as the score was soon leveled by Harjeet Singh who scored the first field goal for India in the 10th minute.
It was followed by a quick field goal by Yuvraj Walmiki in the 12th minute of the game. Vice-captain Uthappa and Walmiki too successfully managed to put the ball in the net in the 20th and 24th minute of the game respectively thus giving India a lead of 4-1 at the half time.
The second half saw a number of desperate attempts by both the teams to score goals but in the 41st minute it was Yousuf who managed to score a goal for India. No goals were scored thereafter.
Walmiki was awarded the Man of the Match.
India will now play their third and last test match against Bangladesh tomorrow.
- Centre Applauds Army's Attack On Pakistan Posts
- ISIS Claims Responsibility For Manchester Blast That Killed 22
- James Bond Actor Roger Moore Dies At 89
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- 1984 Riots: Congress Leader Jagdish Tytler Refuses To Undergo Polygraph Test
- Bomb Scare Delays Movie Screening At Cannes
- Indian Railways' First Ever High-Speed Luxurious Train, Tejas Express, To Be Flagged Off Today
- Allegations Prove Others Are Scared of AAP's Anti-Corruption Campaign: Kejriwal
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10