India Beat Bangladesh 5-1 to Win Hockey Series
The Indian Men's Hockey team continued their rampaging run as they thrashed Bangladesh 5-1 in their second match to clinch the three-match test series played at Dhaka today.
This victory brings with itself the series-win against Bangladesh and India now expects a clean sweep by winning the third and last match of the series tomorrow.
Harjeet Singh (10th minute), Yuvraj Walmiki (12th), SK Uthappa (20th), Devender Sunil Walmiki (24th) and Affan Yousuf (41st) were the goalscorers for India, while Bangladesh sounded the board through Hasan Jubair (7th).
The first goal of the match came in as early as in the 7th minute from Hasan Jubair of Bangladesh. However their joy was short lived as the score was soon leveled by Harjeet Singh who scored the first field goal for India in the 10th minute.
It was followed by a quick field goal by Yuvraj Walmiki in the 12th minute of the game. Vice-captain Uthappa and Walmiki too successfully managed to put the ball in the net in the 20th and 24th minute of the game respectively thus giving India a lead of 4-1 at the half time.
The second half saw a number of desperate attempts by both the teams to score goals but in the 41st minute it was Yousuf who managed to score a goal for India. No goals were scored thereafter.
Walmiki was awarded the Man of the Match.
India will now play their third and last test match against Bangladesh tomorrow.
- One Dead, Two Injured in Germany Machete Attack: Police
- Nepal in Fresh Political Turmoil as PM Oli Resigns
- Want Emotional Relationship With People of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Wrestler Narsingh Fails Dope Test, Rio Participation Doubtful
- Toll in Kashmir Unrest Climbs to 47, Curfew Continues in Five Districts
- AAP MLA Arrested for Trying to Murder Woman His House in Southeast Delhi
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Boris Johnson Claims India Owes UK Multi-Million Pounds
- India's First Green Rail Corridor Launched in TN
- Munich Gunman Planned Attack for a Year, Chose Victims Randomly
- Dancing, Drugs, Extremism: Multiple Lives of Nice Attacker
- Young Woman, Son Crushed to Death in WB, Mob Erupts in Violence
- IOC Decides Against Blanket Doping Ban for Russia
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED