Incessant Rain Continues in Arunachal; One Dies
One person died in a landslide as incessant rains for the past couple of days have wrecked havoc in several parts of Arunachal Pradesh.
The driver and his helper Debnath of a JCB machine skidded down for about 20-30 meters when a chunk of earth fell on them on Tuesday. While the driver survived, the helper died on the spot, a press release by Border Road Task Force (BRTF) said today.
The incident occurred when they were clearing the debris between Mebo and Silluk village in East Siang district, it said.
Incessant rains in the past couple of days have disrupted communication in Mebo sub-division that compelled farming communities to abandon acres of land uncultivated, an official report said here today.
The wooden bridge over the Kadang River was washed away while communication along the NH-52 between Mebo town and Silluk village was disrupted and Monggu Banggo, Silluk, Aohali villages under Mebo Banggo were cut off.
An official report from Tezu, the headquarters of Lohit district, said that Tezu Nallah, Denning Nallah, Sukha Nallah, Dhura Nallah, Taprum Nallah, Drem Nallah and Dhurah River are flowing above the danger mark threatening human habitations and several hectares of standing crops.
The road to Changliang village and its adjoining government quarters were inundated by flood water of the Dhura Nallah, the report said. Residents of half submerged houses were evacuated and shifted to safer places.
Approximately two hectares of standing paddy, ginger and maize crops were also submerged during the flood.
"A quarter near the airport was flooded yesterday by the water of the Sukha Nallah. We are working round the clock and monitoring the situation and using JCB and other machinery to divert the small overflowing streams threatening both human habitation and standing crops," Water Resource Department Executive Engineer C J Mannou said.
Surface communication to VKV and Dimbe (headquarter of 48 BRO) were also disrupted as water from the Taprum Nallah and mudslides damaged several portions of the roads.
New Danglat, Danglat, Tafragam villages were partly affected. The Denning Nallah had already washed away the protection work of MIP at upper reach and threatening staff quarters of district hospital at lower reaches.
The water resources department has recorded 378 mm rainfall at Tezu, 526.5 mm at Tafragam, 346.40 mm at Loiliang village.
Local MLA Mohesh Chai accompanied by DC Brij Mohan Mishra and other officials made spot assessment and supervised the affected places yesterday.
At Namsai, the Noa-Dihing river was also flowing above the danger level.
Flood water has already entered the villages like Dharampur Lekang Gohain and Dirak Miri, official sources said.
Meanwhile, Tezu headquarter of Lohit is cut off from rest of the state due to flood between Wakro to Parsuram Kund, and landslides between Tezu to Wakro, the sources added.
The Dikrong river here is in high spate threatening residential areas and cultivation fields in the state capital, a separate report said.
- Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Lying and Apologise: RSS
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Curfew in Several Areas of Kashmir Ahead of Planned March
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- India Ranks 77th on World Risk Index
- No One Should Tell Women What to Wear: Khan on Burkini Ban
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- German Mayor Fires Muslim Intern for 'Wearing Headscarf'
- Subrata Roy Offers in SC to Pay Rs 300 Cr as Bank Gurantee
- Singapore Bids Farewell to Indian-Origin Ex-President Nathan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED