IGI Named World's Second Best Airport for Service Quality
For the third year in a row, Indira Gandhi International Airport here has been adjudged the second best airport in the world for its service quality among the airports handling 25-40 million passengers per annum (MPPA).
Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport was placed at the fifth position in this category by the Airport Council International (ACI).
ACI is a global body of airports which represents their interests with governments and international organisations. It covers 1,751 airports in 174 countries.
However, in the global ranking, IGI this year was placed at the sixth position against last year's fourth.
The airport scored 4.84 on the airport service quality scale out of 5 points to get the recognition of the sixth best airport in the world among 235 participating airports across all categories.
The IGI airport received the ACI's Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award for its second position at a ceremony in Seoul in South Korea recently.
A 10-member Delhi Airport team comprising representatives from DIAL, CISF, Delhi Duty Free Services Pvt Ltd, Airline Operating Committee (AOC) and Jet Airways was present at the ceremony.
"We are honoured to represent an Indian airport at a highly-acclaimed international forum as ACI for the third year in row. Our partners and employees have consistently delivered a memorable and distinct experience to our customers, which have enabled us in retaining the number two position," said I Prabhakara Rao, CEO DIAL which runs the Delhi airport.
Based on their passenger-handling capacity, ACI has divided airports in the following categories: 2-5 million passengers category, 5-15 million passengers category, 15-25 million passengers category, 25-40 million passengers and over 40 million passengers category.
- Amma's Niece Deepa Launches Political Forum
- Modi To Face Love Challenge In 2019
- Kim Jong-Nam Was Killed By Lethal VX Nerve Agent
- 5 Crore Indians Suffer From Depression
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- PM Modi Unveils 112 Feet Shiva Statue In Coimbatore
- Crime Branch Begins Probe On ABVP AISA Clash At Ramjas College
- 'Do We Belong Here?' Asks Wife Of Indian Techie Who Was Shot Dead In US
- On Jayalalithaa's 69th Birth Anniversary, Niece Deepa Launches 'MGR AMMA Deepa Forum'
- Labourers In Haryana To Get Breakfast For Rs 5, Full Meal For Rs 10
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Boys In MP Forced To Dip Hands In Boiling Oil As 'Innocence Test', To Prove They Hadn't Stolen Mobile
- Hafiz Saeed Can Pose A Serious Threat To Nation, Says Pakistan's Defence Minister
- 5 Killed As Aircraft Smashes Into Melbourne Shopping Complex
- Nestle Sales Was Hit By Rs 100 Crore Post Demonetisation, Says Company Chairman