IGI Named World's Second Best Airport for Service Quality
For the third year in a row, Indira Gandhi International Airport here has been adjudged the second best airport in the world for its service quality among the airports handling 25-40 million passengers per annum (MPPA).
Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport was placed at the fifth position in this category by the Airport Council International (ACI).
ACI is a global body of airports which represents their interests with governments and international organisations. It covers 1,751 airports in 174 countries.
However, in the global ranking, IGI this year was placed at the sixth position against last year's fourth.
The airport scored 4.84 on the airport service quality scale out of 5 points to get the recognition of the sixth best airport in the world among 235 participating airports across all categories.
The IGI airport received the ACI's Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Award for its second position at a ceremony in Seoul in South Korea recently.
A 10-member Delhi Airport team comprising representatives from DIAL, CISF, Delhi Duty Free Services Pvt Ltd, Airline Operating Committee (AOC) and Jet Airways was present at the ceremony.
"We are honoured to represent an Indian airport at a highly-acclaimed international forum as ACI for the third year in row. Our partners and employees have consistently delivered a memorable and distinct experience to our customers, which have enabled us in retaining the number two position," said I Prabhakara Rao, CEO DIAL which runs the Delhi airport.
Based on their passenger-handling capacity, ACI has divided airports in the following categories: 2-5 million passengers category, 5-15 million passengers category, 15-25 million passengers category, 25-40 million passengers and over 40 million passengers category.
- Forced to Marry Pak Man, Uzma Returns, Swaraj Calls Her 'India's Daughter'
- HRD Minister Assures To Declare CBSE Results On Time
- Maharashtra CM Escapes Unhurt After His Helicopter Crash Lands In Latur
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10