Ian Chappell Slams Dhoni as a 'Serial Offender' in India's Debacles Abroad
Slamming Mahendra Singh Dhoni as a "serial offender" in the India's Test debacles abroad, former Australia captain Ian Chappell said if the team fails to compete at full throttle then another capitulation is certain against a highly competitive Australian outfit.
"There's no disgrace in losing; it's part of cricketing life. However, what is disgraceful is failing to compete to the best of your ability and continuing to make the same mistakes. That's what India have done for the bulk of their last two visits to the UK and their most recent tour of Australia," Chappell said of India's lacklustre performances abroad.
He said the latest Indian Test debacle, the 1-3 loss to England, was worse than those previous capitulations because India achieved a monumental victory at Lord's.
"That should have been the springboard to a spirited attempt to stretch that lead but instead it became the top step on the slippery dip to oblivion," the former Australia skipper and Cricket commentator said in his column in 'ESPNcricinfo'.
"If India continue to bat, bowl and field poorly and fail to compete at full throttle under Dhoni's lacklustre captaincy, then another capitulation is certain to follow against a highly competitive Australian outfit," he said.
India's tour of Australia might be over three months away but mind games have already started with pacer Ryan Harris earlier this week saying they will not tone down their aggression and the Indians may face a brutal summer from fellow fast bowler Mitchell Johnson.
"Dhoni is a serial offender in those Indian debacles. In all three cases - the first two full series and the last three Tests of the recent capitulation - his captaincy failed to inspire the team," Chappell opined.
- Stone-Pelters Should Fire Weapons, Then I Could Do What I Want: Rawat
- Impose Governor's Rule If J&K Is To Be Saved: Farooq Abdullah
- Narada Journalists Threaten Hunger Strike Over Dues
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- What Exactly Is The Govt Celebrating? Rahul Questions 'Modi's Three Year' Festivities
- IT Dept Raids 22 Locations In Benami Land Deal Case Linked To Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Mamata Banerjee Discusses Joint Candidate for President Polls with Sonia Gandhi
- Petrol Price Cut By Rs 2.16 per Litre, Diesel By Rs 2.10