IAF Rescues 14 People Caught in Flash Floods in Jammu
IAF today pressed its choppers into service and rescued 14 people caught in flash-floods in Jammu district.
After the authorities alerted IAF, rescue operation was launched by pressing MI-17 chopper into service under the command of Wing Commander Anoop Sharma and carried out difficult evacuation in Akhnoor belt this morning, a Defence spokesman said.
They rescued 14 people, including 3 children and as many women caught in flash-floods in river Chenab in Patyari belt and flew them after a half-hour long difficult operation to an air force station here, he said.
Since the past two days, nearly 250 people have been rescued by various teams of the Army and IAF from flash-floods in the Jammu region.
FROM OUTLOOKDefenceWith service chiefs increasingly at the mercy of bureaucrats and dwindling budgets, the country's defence preparedness needs to...more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBOpinionTom Engelhardt addresses the graduates of 2016 fromore from WEB>>>
FROM WIREST V Parasuram Washington, July 23 (PTI) Diffemore from WIRES>>>
- Legendary Artist S.H. Raza Dies at 94
- Kashmir Unrest: Curfew Lifted From Four Districts
- Chennai: Search Continues for Missing IAF Plane
- Kohli Scores Double Ton as India Take Upper Hand
- Clinton Picks Senator Tim Kaine as VP Running Mate
- 'Lone' Munich Shooter Kills Nine, Commits Suicide
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Has TV News Given Up The Ghost On Kashmir?
- Daily Curator: Gujarat Police Reopens The Ghost of Godhra
- Tilak Remembered on Centenary of 'Swaraj My Birthright' Slogan
- Obama Hits Out at Trump's Campaign Rhetoric
- India Makes First Contribution to UN Trust Fund
- Bihar: FIR Lodged in the Beating of Dalits in Muzaffarpur
- Democratic VP Pick Kaine a Friend of India: Indian-Americans
- MP: Three-Yr-Old Boy Falls into 150-Ft Deep Borewell
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED