Hyderabad Comes to a Halt As Massive T'gana Survey Begins
The 'Intensive Household Survey' across Telangana, aiming to ascertain the details of an estimated 84 lakh families living in the state, began this morning.
About four lakh employees of Telangana, including teachers and policemen, are involved in the massive exercise, according to an official press release here.
In contrast to heavy traffic witnessed in the morning hours usually, roads in Hyderabad wore a deserted look.
The government has declared a holiday for the day and appealed to the people to stay at homes for the purpose of the survey.
Public transport buses and trains witnessed huge rush of people over the last few days travelling to their native places in view of the survey.
Telangana natives living in cities like Mumbai, Surat and other places have also reportedly sought to come to their native places for the survey.
Dismissing allegations that the survey is aimed at identifying Seemandhra natives, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Sunday last the exercise is intended to ensure that benefits of Government schemes reached the targeted sections.
According to the "Check Slip" posted on the website of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), data is sought about the number of family members in a household, water tap connection, property tax assessment, LPG & electricity connections, bank account, Aadhaar card, caste certificate, birth certificate, disability, vehicles and land owned.
The enumerators have made pre-survey visits to the households in the run up to the survey.
In a release last evening, Rao appealed to the people to make the survey a success.
Observing the survey is being conducted for providing welfare schemes to the people and find out what they want, he has asked citizens to give correct information to the enumerators.
FROM OUTLOOKandhra pradesh: the break-upTelangana is done. Andhra and Rosaiah’s troubles have just begun....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBHyderabadTurmoil rages in the University of Hyderabad againmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESCutting across party lines opposition leaders inclmore from WIRES>>>
- Rahul Gandhi Should Stop Lying and Apologise: RSS
- 11 Turkish Police Killed in Bombing, PKK Blamed
- Haji Ali Dargah Should Allow Women, Says Bombay HC
- Curfew in Several Areas of Kashmir Ahead of Planned March
- 7 Killed as Gunmen Storm Beach Restaurant in Somali Capital
- Bodo Students Body Protests Giving Land to Patanjali Yogpeeth
- Myntra Says It Wasn't Us But #BoycottMyntra Trends
- Javadekar Becomes Toast Of Twitter On Freedom Fighter Comment
- Manish Sisodia Sacks Hospital Employee For Watching Video While On Duty
- Daily Curator: Vijay Goel's Olympic Entourage Likened to 'Bullies'
- Daily Curator: Expectant Mothers To Now Get More Paid Leave
- The Torrent Phoenix Rises Again
- India Ranks 77th on World Risk Index
- No One Should Tell Women What to Wear: Khan on Burkini Ban
- Can't Order Establishment of 'Ram Rajya' in the Country: SC
- German Mayor Fires Muslim Intern for 'Wearing Headscarf'
- Subrata Roy Offers in SC to Pay Rs 300 Cr as Bank Gurantee
- Singapore Bids Farewell to Indian-Origin Ex-President Nathan
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED