Hyderabad Comes to a Halt As Massive T'gana Survey Begins
The 'Intensive Household Survey' across Telangana, aiming to ascertain the details of an estimated 84 lakh families living in the state, began this morning.
About four lakh employees of Telangana, including teachers and policemen, are involved in the massive exercise, according to an official press release here.
In contrast to heavy traffic witnessed in the morning hours usually, roads in Hyderabad wore a deserted look.
The government has declared a holiday for the day and appealed to the people to stay at homes for the purpose of the survey.
Public transport buses and trains witnessed huge rush of people over the last few days travelling to their native places in view of the survey.
Telangana natives living in cities like Mumbai, Surat and other places have also reportedly sought to come to their native places for the survey.
Dismissing allegations that the survey is aimed at identifying Seemandhra natives, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Sunday last the exercise is intended to ensure that benefits of Government schemes reached the targeted sections.
According to the "Check Slip" posted on the website of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), data is sought about the number of family members in a household, water tap connection, property tax assessment, LPG & electricity connections, bank account, Aadhaar card, caste certificate, birth certificate, disability, vehicles and land owned.
The enumerators have made pre-survey visits to the households in the run up to the survey.
In a release last evening, Rao appealed to the people to make the survey a success.
Observing the survey is being conducted for providing welfare schemes to the people and find out what they want, he has asked citizens to give correct information to the enumerators.
- Samsung Heir Indicted For Bribery, Embezzlement
- Uber Asks Top Executive To Go For Hiding Sexual Harassment Charge
- Ringing Bells Manager Arrested For Fraud
- 'Have Killed Iranians': Kansas Shooter Told Bartender
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- OECD Cuts India's Growth to 7%, Says India a Star Performer
- 'It's About The Freedom To Coexist Yet Disagree':Hundreds Participate In DU Protest March Against ABVP
- Shooter Jitu Rai Wins Bronze in ISSF World Cup
- FIR Registered Against Unknown Persons In Connection With The Case Of Kargil Martyr's Daughter
- RBI Sets Up Panel to Review Cyber Threats
- Reliance Jio's Tariff Aggressive, Unsustainable, Says Airtel's Sunil Mittal
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- Delhi Court Acquits 2 In 2005 Serial Blasts, Sentences Third Accused To 10-Year Jail Term
- Govt Plans Chaupals To Link Weaker Sections To Cashless System
- Modi's Voice Not Of A Roaring Lion, Feebler Than A Mouse, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Over 400 Academicians From International Varsities Write Open Letter To JNU Vice Chancellor Over Recent Events