Hyderabad Comes to a Halt As Massive T'gana Survey Begins
The 'Intensive Household Survey' across Telangana, aiming to ascertain the details of an estimated 84 lakh families living in the state, began this morning.
About four lakh employees of Telangana, including teachers and policemen, are involved in the massive exercise, according to an official press release here.
In contrast to heavy traffic witnessed in the morning hours usually, roads in Hyderabad wore a deserted look.
The government has declared a holiday for the day and appealed to the people to stay at homes for the purpose of the survey.
Public transport buses and trains witnessed huge rush of people over the last few days travelling to their native places in view of the survey.
Telangana natives living in cities like Mumbai, Surat and other places have also reportedly sought to come to their native places for the survey.
Dismissing allegations that the survey is aimed at identifying Seemandhra natives, Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao said on Sunday last the exercise is intended to ensure that benefits of Government schemes reached the targeted sections.
According to the "Check Slip" posted on the website of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC), data is sought about the number of family members in a household, water tap connection, property tax assessment, LPG & electricity connections, bank account, Aadhaar card, caste certificate, birth certificate, disability, vehicles and land owned.
The enumerators have made pre-survey visits to the households in the run up to the survey.
In a release last evening, Rao appealed to the people to make the survey a success.
Observing the survey is being conducted for providing welfare schemes to the people and find out what they want, he has asked citizens to give correct information to the enumerators.
FROM OUTLOOKandhra pradesh: the break-upTelangana is done. Andhra and Rosaiah’s troubles have just begun....more from outlook>>>
FROM THE WEBHyderabadTurmoil rages in the University of Hyderabad againmore from WEB>>>
FROM WIRESCutting across party lines opposition leaders inclmore from WIRES>>>
- PM Should Also be Suspended for 'Inviting ISI to Pathankot': Mann
- Patient Shoots Doctor at Berlin Hospital, Kills Self: Police
- Irom Sharmila to Call Off Hunger Strike After 16 Years
- Devas-Antrix Deal: India Loses Arbitration Case at the Hague
- Four Militants Killed, Another Apprehended in Kupwara
- Flipkart Acquires Jabong From Global Fashion Group
- Nita Ambani's Y-Security Cover Gets Her on Twitter Trend
- Celeb-Laden FB Pellet Shot for Celeb-Loving India
- As If Donald Trump Wasn't Enough!
- Daily Curator: Why Cockroach Milk Is Good For You
- Daily Curator: Emergency For Media In Kashmir
- Daily Curator: Oh Non! #NiceAttack
- Govt Holds Meet With RSS Affiliates Over Key Economic Issues
- HC Seeks Centre's Report on Use of Pellet Guns in Kashmir
- Psychological Warfare on Social Media Our New Threat: Rathore
- Compassion Offers Solution to Many Present-Day Concerns: Bhagwat
- Wildlife Activists Burn Salman Khan's Effigy, Write to Prez
- Railways Disaster Management Plans Not Comprehensive: CAG
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED